Project Metadata Archivist
The responsibilities of this position are to clean up archival metadata in The Museum System (TMS) and to migrate archival description, authority records, and accession records from TMS into an archival management system. Metadata cleanup will involve exporting data from TMS to CSV files and ensuring that the data is standards-compliant. The incumbent may also make changes directly in TMS as well as through SQL batch changes that they will coordinate with CCA IT. The project will also involve creating TMS export forms and mapping archival descriptive fields to the CCA website, and the incumbent will assist in both of these tasks.
This is a one-year project position.
• Works with CCA’s Archivist and the Digital Archivist to identify and implement solutions for metadata inconsistencies across archival fonds
• Coordinates SQL batch changes of metadata in TMS with IT
• Migrates data, approximately 60,000 records for over 150 fonds, from TMS to a new AMS
• Participates in discussion with the Web team on how to map structured data from AMS to new website
• Education: Master’s in Library and Information Science (MLIS)
• Knowledge of archival descriptive and encoding standards, such as ISAD(G), RAD, and EAD
• Knowledge of metadata standards, such as METS
• Knowledge of relevant controlled vocabularies, including LC Authorities, Art & Architecture Thesaurus (AAT) and Thesaurus of Geographic Names (TGN)
• Successful completion of archival training and experience working as an archivist
• Close attention to detail
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Proficiency in French and English, or willingness to learn
• Experience or familiarity with The Museum System (TMS)
• Experience or familiarity with archival management systems, such as Access to Memory (AtoM) or ArchivesSpace
• Experience programmatically altering data with SQL or working with IT staff to do so
• Experience with Extract-Transform-Load data cleanup methodologies and related tools, such as Open Refine
• Experience working on a metadata cleanup projects
• Experience working on migration project in an archival repository
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 22 March 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call. The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.