Technician, Digital Archives
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time and whose mandate is “architecture is a public concern”. The Collection, Publication, Programs and Research departments work collaboratively and consistently to give access to the Collection, to develop and produce unpublished research, provocative exhibitions, critical publications and to further develop a collection that could enhance all of the above in order to contribute globally to the current discourse on architecture.
The responsibilities of this job include supporting the accessioning and processing work of the born-digital archives. This involves locating, retrieving, and disk imaging physical computer storage media such as floppy disks, optical disks, and Zip disks in the CCA Collection to prepare this material for further processing and for cataloguing, description and transfer to the CCA digital repository and end user access in the CCA Study Room.
• Identifies, inventories, and retrieves physical computer storage media in the CCA Collection, in collaboration with the Collection Management team and the Archivists team
• Creates forensic disk images of digital media
• Ingests disk images into CCA’s Archivematica-based digital repository
• Assists the Archivist, Digital Archives with procurement, setup, and use of obsolete computer hardware and media readers
• Supports in the development of additional CCA initiatives related to the preservation and management of born-digital materials
• Contributes to training of the technicians
• Documents and updates workflow processes related to preservation of born-digital archives
• Education: CEGEP computer science, library science or media studies
• Number of years of relevant work experience : 1 to 3 years, ideally in a museum or archival repository
• Demonstrated knowledge of French and English, spoken and written
• Demonstrated computer expertise
• Familiarity with wide range of file formats, file storage systems, and operating systems (Linux, Mac, PC)
• Knowledge of basic*nix terminal commands
• Knowledge of digital forensics tools and techniques, especially as applied in museums, archives, and libraries
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 13 August 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.