Administrative Coordinator, Development
The responsibilities of this job include the coordination of the overall deadlines for the Development division’s projects, budget monitoring and administrative assistance to all revenue generation and cultivation activities taking place within the division. In addition to supporting fundraising with public and private donors as part of a growing major donor programme, this role also participates in the administration, fundraising, planning and production of Development events.
Key responsibility areas
Fundraising Support and Administrative Duties
• Provides administrative support for external donor meetings and internal meetings, including planning, preparing materials for review, and ensuring appropriate follow-up actions
• Works in collaboration with the Associate Director, Development to innovate workflow procedures and organize operations and procedures within the division, including development of manuals, guides, and best practices
• Prepares financial reconciliation reports, cost-benefit analyses, other documents as needed to analyze procedures, performance, progress, or workflows
• Provides research and production support of reports as required by CCA Management
• Supports and advises the Associate Director, Development regarding team meetings
• Works in partnership with development colleagues and leadership volunteers, and advance a culture of philanthropy with colleagues across departments with different operational styles
Project Coordination and Budget Monitoring
• Coordinates and monitors project timelines, ensures that deadlines are met, expectations are fulfilled, and donor information is both secure and confidential where appropriate
• Participates in the fundraising, planning, implementation, and staffing of cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events
• Verifies and ensures that donor agreements are respected
• Coordinates the annual budgeting process and monitors budgets throughout the year for the division, reconciling revenues and expenses between the CCA’s fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) and financial database (NAV) on a regular basis
• Processes invoices, prepares expense reports, and submits reimbursement requests
• Represents the division in meetings with other Administrative Coordinators and the rest of the staff, relaying information between the division and other services of the CCA, especially as pertains to schedules and project timelines
Outreach and coordination of CCA membership and volunteers
• Implements and continues to improve the membership plan for the CCA including membership benefits, cards, activities, and connection to the CCA
• Analyzes membership data and recommends ways to enhance the membership experience
Donor Acknowledgment and Information Management
• Leads gift processing and data management in the division, which includes: processing pledges and payments, sending reminder and renewal notices, synchronizing donor data with other systems in use at the CCA, and creating accurate and effective reports, dashboards, and templates
• Initiates rapid prospect research
• Engages with donors to best understand and facilitate their connection with the CCA
• Ensures tax receipts, acknowledgement letters and thank you messages are generated in a timely manner, and with continuity of design and message that is reflective of established CCA practices
• Manages accurate and up-to-date Development information, both electronic and archival
• Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Interest in contemporary art and culture, architecture, cities, education or global issues
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 years
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Experience in the philanthropic sector and knowledge of best fundraising practices preferred
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to learn quickly and ease with databases and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases/CRMs is an asset
• Knowledge of project methodology and budget management, comfortable with numbers
• Organized and attentive to details while keeping sight of broader goals
• Self-confidence, comfort and graciousness when interacting with new people, especially donors
• Self-reliant, energetic, collaborative
• Familiarity with and/or interest in learning and understanding the vision and culture of the CCA
• Accuracy and precision in document preparation, filing and archiving
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Human Resources of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 19 November 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call. The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone having the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.