Editor, CCA Publications
Publications produced by the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) give visibility and facilitate access to the various areas of activity of the institution, contributing to its international positioning and the growth of its audience. Alongside other curatorial and research activities, CCA publications are an institutional tool for the articulation of new arguments on the built environment.
The responsibilities of this job are to contribute to the CCA print, digital, and online publishing activity by researching, writing, and editing content while managing project calendars and ensuring deadlines are met. The incumbent liaises with authors, designers, and other contributors, and ensures adherence to standards regarding tone of voice, appearance, and style. The incumbent contributes ideas for the publishing program and works in close collaboration with the rest of the CCA editorial team and with other CCA staff to reinforce the character and visibility of the activities and holdings of the institution.
• Contributes to the CCA publishing program by suggesting, scheduling, and following up on editorial projects aligned with the institution’s vision and editorial strategy
• Researches, proposes, and develops collaborations with contributors, designers, and publishers for CCA publications
• Researches and proposes publication formats (print, online, or other) for specific editorial projects
• Stays informed of new developments in publishing and contributes with this knowledge to the work of the Publications division
• Works with Communications and other CCA staff to ensure the visibility of CCA publications
• Participates in the promotion and external presentation of CCA publications
• Conducts research for CCA print, electronic, and online publications
• Recommends direction of publication projects regarding content, format, character, and form of dissemination
• Contributes to CCA publications, acting as editor or author
• Proposes, schedules, and commissions external contributions
• Researches, reviews, selects, and edits publication materials (text and visuals)
• Copyedits texts and their translations in accordance with the CCA style guide
• Collaborates with external copyeditors, graphic designers, publishers, and others involved in the editorial process
• Proofreads publication materials in English and French as needed
• In collaboration with the other members of the editorial team, produces and updates editorial guidelines for authors, editors, graphic designers, and other freelancers and suppliers involved in the publishing process
• Produces and edits the CCA newsletter in collaboration with the other members of the editorial team
• Works with the Associate Director and other staff as required to schedule and develop the editorial workflow
• Coordinates publication schedules with other CCA divisions
• Ensures that publication schedules are met
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in architecture, the history of architecture, or a related discipline
• 3 to 5 years of editorial experience in architecture or related fields
• Broad insight into contemporary architecture
• Experience in MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, and computer-aided design software
• Ability to work in French and English, with advanced writing skills in one language
• Knowledge of the Chicago Manual of Style, asset
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 25 April 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.