The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time, fueling crucial conversation with the audience. The Curatorial Coordinator will operate within the CCA Programs division. The Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate as catalyst for original inquiry.
The main responsibilities of this position are the coordination of projects pertaining to exhibitions, publishing and public programs for the Programs division. The successful candidate will do research as part of the project development process, and work with outside collaborators and production companies and with other CCA divisions and departments.
Research and Curatorial Work
• Perform research related to exhibition, publishing and public-programs projects and propose content for specific projects (including iconographic, bibliographic and reproduction-rights research)
• Contribute to the development of CCA program content, working with guest-curators, assisting Curator Contemporary Architecture and the curatorial team
• Research and propose outside collaborators and contributors for CCA programs
• Research and prepare texts and contents required for CCA programs
• Present the CCA Programs division’s projects to visitors and guests when required
Coordination of exhibition, publishing and public program projects
• Coordinate all phases of a project initiated by the CCA or co-produced with other institutions, from the research phase to final production and archiving, using the project management methodology
• Handle contact between the division, other CCA departments and/or outside collaborators for all phases and all project-support elements
• Prepare the master production and installation schedule for exhibitions, organize and lead project team meetings and work with the project team and outside consultants to create a work plan
• Work with all departments involved in order to ensure that materials and information are obtained as per the planned schedule
• Identify and locate objects for exhibitions and publications, along with the appropriate lenders
• Coordinate the transfer of unedited contents (texts and images) to publications
• Write CCA website content and communication tools related to projects
• Education: Master’s degree in architecture, architectural history or art history or related discipline
• Number of years of relevant experience: 1 to 3 years in project coordination (Proven curatorial experience is a definite asset)
• Fluency in written and spoken English and French, ability to write and revise documents
• Ability to plan and manage schedules
• Good computer skills
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology
• Flexible schedule
• Knowledge in digital architecture and computer aided technologies
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 10 November. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.