The responsibility of this job is to provide timely general and advanced reference service on CCA’s Collection which includes among other material, publications, archives, prints and drawings, and photographs. The incumbent participates in the establishment, development and dissemination of Reference and Reader Services programs, policies, and procedures. The tasks also include reaching out to the researchers, welcoming and orienting them in the CCA’s Reading Room, helping with Reading Room supervision and maintenance. The incumbent handles interlibrary loan services and document delivery for internal and external researchers.
• Provides appropriate and timely on-site and online reference service, at both the general and advanced levels
• Assists with the establishment and development of reference programs, policies and procedures
• Participates in the development and maintenance of user guides in various formats and assists with user orientation
• Participates in the exploration and evaluation of online services and resources in all media which provide a supplement or alternative to CCA research collections
• Provides instruction in the use of manual and automated reference tools
• Participates in the development and testing of new versions of the Collection automated catalogues
• Assists with the establishment, development and dissemination of Reference Services policies
• Participates in the supervision and maintenance of the Reading Room
• Assists with the retrieval of documents from the Reading Room shelving for readers, ensures appropriate installation of materials for consultation and provides handling instructions
• Assists with photocopy and scanning orders from external researchers
• Handles Interlibrary loan services and document delivery and evaluates internal and external loan requests
• Maintains awareness of national and international interlibrary loans protocols and procedures, developments and trends, systems and equipment, and copyright issues
Collection development and maintenance
• Participates in the development of the collection, in particular the reference collection, through current awareness strategies and interaction with researchers
• Participates in the development of policies and procedures for the definition, growth and maintenance of the documentation collections
• Education: Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree from an ALA accredited institution and an undergraduate degree in the history of architecture or art, social sciences or a related discipline in the humanities
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Excellent spoken and written communication skills
• Familiarity with architecture and art reference tools and sources, both printed and electronic
• Strong public service orientation
• Facility in handling fragile and precious collection materials
• Understanding of and experience in archival processing, organization and/or reference services is highly appreciated
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of Human Resources of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 17 May 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.