Executive Assistant, Office of the Director
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time and whose mandate is “architecture is public concern.”
The responsibilities of this job include coordinating and monitoring the activities of the Director of the CCA. The incumbent mainly supports the Director in her daily activities at the administrative level, in the planning and follow-up of her agenda, her relations with the associate directors and the Board of Trustees, and in her external, often international dealings. Furthermore, this position requires working as a team with the Research Assistant, Office of the Director and the Project Coordinator, Office of the Director.
Activity and meeting coordination for the Office of the Director
• With collaborators, coordinates follow-ups, schedules, updates and presentations for projects in which the director is involved
• Coordinates text and speech writings, participation in events, conferences and associations at the CCA and at the national and international levels
• Coordinates current projects and activities with each division
• Coordinates curatorial-, strategic- and management-related matters with the associate directors’ offices, and manages confidential files related to strategic and budget planning and organizational development
Liaison with CCA collaborators
• Monitors and follows up on the Director’s mandates for various divisions
• Acts as a liaison between the Director, Board of Trustees members and the Founding Director
• Acts as a liaison between the Director, international networks and associations in which the CCA is a member
• Manages the Director’s agenda, plans and follows up on appointments, and prepares the necessary documentation
• Prepares French and English correspondence (letters, emails, reports, memos and other documents) according to the instructions from the Director or the Project Coordinator, Office of the Director
• Takes, filters and makes calls for the Director, and autonomously responds to questions about current activities and projects
• Books and manages travel reservations for the Director and some international guests, curators, consultants, researchers and designers
• Handles disbursement requests and expense accounts
• Maintains the system for filing records and archives related to the management committee , Board of Trustees, projects, documents and communications from the Office of the Director
• Maintains a history of the Director’s correspondence, communications and actions
• Education: studies in office administration, communications, administration; additional studies in arts, humanities, multimedia or related fields, an asset
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 5 to 10 years as an executive assistant for an upper-level manager (in the cultural field, an asset)
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Excellent knowledge of office software (Word, Excel, Visio and other Microsoft Office software); knowledge about web applications and the Internet an asset
• Ability to handle complex, sensitive administrative situations with tact, diplomacy and complete discretion
• Attention to detail and precision in document preparation, filing and archiving
• Good organizational and time- and priority-management skills
• Curiosity, resourcefulness and autonomy
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 19 July 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.