The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time, fueling crucial conversation with the audience.
The responsibilities of this job include the coordination, administration, planning and organization of all incoming and outgoing loans, as well as for CCA’s travelling exhibitions. The incumbent is responsible to ensure the physical integrity of the objects during transportation and storage, and in exhibitions at the CCA or at other institutions. The incumbent collaborates closely with the Administrative Coordinator, Programs and the Programs’ team.
• Receives loan applications, prepares loan agreements, initiates the coordination process
• Communicates with requesting institutions and others parties involved in loan processing
• Prepares cost estimates regarding all aspects of loans and travelling exhibitions
• Prepares insurance certificates related to loans and travelling exhibitions
• Manages claims with the Insurer
• Coordinates logistics for the transport of loans and travelling exhibitions as well as for incoming acquisitions
• Checks loan procedures and keeps them up to date
• Updates Collection records in TMS (Collection management System) as needed
• Available occasionally to assist the museum technicians
• Education: University degree in art history, degree in museum studies, logistics, or a related discipline
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1to 3 years in a museum or collection
• Ability to work effectively in English and French; knowledge of additional modern European languages is an asset
• Knowledge of museum databases (i.e. TMS), understanding of database creation and management, the issues of standardization and the principles and practice of resource sharing
• Experience in museology techniques (i.e. handling fragile and precious collection material) is an asset
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 7 January 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.