Based on its extensive Collection, exhibitions, programs, and research opportunities, the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and widening thought and debate on architecture, its history, theory, practice, and role in society today. The guiding purpose of the Collection is to make comprehensive and integrated bodies of material available for advanced, interdisciplinary research in order to reveal the changing character of thought, culture, and intellectual circles of the past, and point to the future of architectural thinking and practice. Currently, the CCA is placing the emphasis on enlarging access to its rich Canadian and international archival collections.
• Processes archival collections in all formats, including born-digital material and ensures efficient, effective, and appropriate processing of the archives based on archival principles and practices
• Creates and edits finding aids
• At times provides reference services and research support for the holdings of the Collection and engages in other professional activities of the team as required
• Contributes to discussions with the Archivist, the editorial and curatorial team as well as with the Head of Collection Access on the refinement of workflows for accessioning, ingesting, processing, describing, preserving, and providing access to archival holdings
• Education: Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) or equivalent degree
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Working knowledge of archival descriptive standards such as RAD, ISAD(G), and/or DACS
• Strong command of archival theory and best practices
• Knowledge of historical research methods as applied to archives
• Comfortable working in a vault and ability to lift boxes of archival material weighing up to 40 pounds
• Ability to manage a high volume of work, complex problem-solving and moderate stress with periods of high stress due to internal and external project deadlines
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 6 March 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call. The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.