System Analyst, Information Systems
The responsibilities of this job include translating business needs into requirements, identifying opportunities for process improvement, managing requirements and ensuring delivered solutions meet and exceed expectations. The incumbent conducts analysis of internal institutional systems and how they interface with our public-facing, digital products. In addition, he/she is responsible for the vendor-based and custom software system architecture.
Analysis and design, requirements and improvements definition
• Critically evaluates the institution’s needs gathered from multiple internal divisions and sources, decomposes high-level information into details and prioritizes requirements
• Conducts systems requirements gathering workshops with stakeholders, structuring and prioritizing requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
• Produces functional analysis documents (use cases, flowcharts, UML, business process diagrams), systems architecture designs and technical specifications for identified solutions in major systems introduction, improvements or replacements.
• Suggests improvements and automation opportunities, inclusive of innovative solutions to make the institution more effective
• Analyzes the cost-benefit of various alternative solutions (e.g., cloud vs. on-premise, vendor-based vs. custom) and makes clear recommendations
Strategic role regarding systems architecture
• Develops the ownership of the institution’s systems architecture, establishes the technical requirements for the introduction, improvement and gradual replacement of several systems over time (Archive Management System, CRM, Library systems, Data Hub development, Web site architecture redesign, etc.)
• Contributes in the development of technical and business strategy for the institution’s system architecture evolution, in conjunction with the digital focus that clearly leads the vision and projects portfolio
Documentation standards and methodologies
• Defines and implements analysis and design techniques well suited for the institution
• Works with the IS development and project management team to define frameworks and to establish technical requirements, level of effort, milestones and timelines
• Collaborates with project teams to develop the testing strategies, test plan documentation and assist them during execution
• Defines institutional standards, methodology and tools regarding requirements specifications and systems architecture documentation
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent
• Number of years of relevant work experience: Minimum 5 years in a system analyst role, ideal experience includes working for a cultural institution with an international outreach and/or in architecture
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English; ability to write and revise documents, including technical writing skills
• Ability to document software requirements in a crisp way
• Extensive experience gathering, analyzing and documenting systems requirements
• Proven ability to learn and understand complex systems, document and maintains the organizational systems architecture mapping.
• Solid critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong business acumen
• Ability to understand various domains challenges and translates them in a cohesive set of requirements
• Good knowledge of SOA, Loose Coupling, Service Bus, REST API.
• Ability to prioritize effectively and handle the shifting of priorities smoothly and professionally.
• Detail-oriented with exceptional time management and organizational skills.
• Strong leadership and excellent communication skills.
• Positive, enthusiastic demeanour with a genuine passion for technology.
• Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines; good stress management skills
Please submit your application (resume, cover letter) by email to email@example.com to the attention of Human Resources of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920, rue Baile, Montreal (Qc) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 29 November 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone having the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.