Production Manager, Digital Content
Digital content produced by the CCA suggests new perspectives for architectural debate and serves as catalysts for original inquiry. Through an innovative approach to broadcast and conversation, digital content is one of the tools used to reach a global niche interested in the architecture discourse at large.
The responsibilities of this job include the management of the production and dissemination of high-quality consistent digital content that extends the CCA “voice” in engaging formats, including audio and video/film, and for a variety of audiences. The incumbent not only has a thorough understanding of all aspects of production, but also an appetite for understanding projects strategically, conceptually and editorially. She/he is expected to be an influential voice for best practices related to digital content production with the innate ability to translate creative ideas into realistic projects, and inspire, build momentum and work collaboratively across divisions.
● Conceptually understands and integrates both the technical and intellectual considerations of a production at all phases of its development, from ideation to dissemination
● Plans the CCA’s yearly digital content production calendar, which includes podcast series, video series, exhibition-related content, as well events and activities documentation, with the Head, Digital Media and the Associate Director, Digital
● Manages all components of project development, from pre-production, production, and post-production, including budget, timeline and scope requirements, in conjunction with other staff members and consultants as needed
● Coordinates day-to-day logistical aspects, including rough and detailed schedules, resources and services recruitment, locations scouting, and equipment rental, and any related documents
● Periodically evaluates new tools and workflow options to support digital content production and management, and cultivates methods to increase internal creation capabilities and encourage experimentation
Digital content strategy
● Develops intimate knowledge of the CCA’s current lines of investigation, as well as target audiences, tone and positioning, and works closely with the curatorial team, which is comprised of the Collection, Programs, Publications, and Research divisions, to generate ideas
● Assists the Associate Director, Digital in developing the strategic vision and overall planning for digital content production at the CCA
● In collaboration with the Associate Director, Digital and the Head, Digital Media, determines and implements qualitative and quantitative standards to meet both curatorial expectations and industry best practices
Distribution and promotion
● Works with the Publications divisions and other stakeholders to develop project-based distribution plans, in alignment with the CCA’s overarching digital content strategy and institutional priorities, and to create synergies with other key projects
● Liaises with the Coordinator, Brand Development to produce projects-related design elements and promotional material when required
● Keeps abreast of emerging formats and distribution platforms, identifies innovative digital media trends and products on the market – determining potential impact and opportunities
● Builds strategic partnerships with collaborators, agencies, and institutions to share best practices and increase overall influence
● Contributes to develop and update contractual and administrative documents for digital productions, in conjunction with the Head, Digital Media, and the Administrative Coordinator, Digital
● Develops and maintains a network of freelance directors, cinematographers, videographers, photographers, editors, post-production companies, translators, transcribers, and other talents
● Working with the Administrative Coordinator, Digital, produces and maintains a series of tools and documentation related to digital activities, including agreement and budget templates, guidelines and policies, workflows, and reports
● Education: Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or film, television or new media or a related discipline
● Number of years of relevant work experience: 5 to 7 years of experience, ideally working for an institution such as a museum, cultural field or a similar environment
● Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
● Knowledge of other languages, an asset
● Thorough understanding of all aspects of production, including operations and logistics, from pre-production to post-production, with an understanding of editorial and technical considerations
● Knowledge of the video/film and podcast industries, particularly in the architectural, art and journalistic sectors
● Ability to understand service agreements and distribution contracts
● Excellent communication, time management, diplomacy, problem-solving and organizational awareness skills
● Very good knowledge of MS Office and project management tools
● Excellent project management skills
● Thoroughness and attention to detail
● Proven capacity to work collaboratively
● Flexibility to work in a multicultural international environment
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 28 January 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone having the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply. For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.