Administrative Coordinator, Development
The Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is a global institution that employs over 100 staff and was founded to advance architecture as a public concern. The CCA has achieved many successes in securing major gifts, virtual gala event gifts, prestigious foundation and corporate partnerships, and private and public sector support, especially in Montréal, Toronto, and New York. The CCA’s generous and distinguished Board engages in fundraising and provides governance and support through an active Development Committee chaired by Stephen Bronfman. The new Director and long-time Chief Curator of the CCA, Giovanna Borasi, partners with the Development team to help build strong donor relationships.
The responsibilities of this job include the coordination of the overall deadlines for the Development division’s projects, budget monitoring, and administrative assistance to all revenue generation and cultivation activities taking place within the division. In addition to supporting fundraising with public and private donors as part of a growing major donor program, this role also participates in the administration, fundraising, planning and production of Development events.
Fundraising Support and Administrative Duties
• Provides administrative support for external donor meetings and internal meetings, including planning, preparing materials for review, and ensuring appropriate follow-up actions
• Works in collaboration with the Associate Director, Development to innovate workflow procedures and organize operations and procedures within the division, including development of manuals, guides, and best practices
• Prepares financial reconciliation reports, cost-benefit analyses, other documents as needed to analyze procedures, performance, progress, or workflows
• Provides research and production support of reports as required by CCA Management
• Supports and advises the Associate Director, Development regarding team meetings
• Works in partnership with development colleagues and leadership volunteers, and advance a culture of philanthropy with colleagues across departments with different operational styles
Project Coordination and Budget Monitoring
• Coordinates and monitors project timelines, ensures that deadlines are met, expectations are fulfilled, and donor information is both secure and confidential where appropriate
• Participates in the fundraising, planning, implementation, and staffing of cultivation, stewardship, and fundraising events
• Verifies and ensures that donor agreements are respected
• Coordinates the annual budgeting process and monitors budgets throughout the year for the division, reconciling revenues and expenses between the CCA’s fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge) and financial database (NAV) on a regular basis
• Processes invoices, prepares expense reports, and submits reimbursement requests
• Represents the division in meetings with other Administrative Coordinators and the rest of the staff, relaying information between the division and other services of the CCA, especially as pertains to schedules and project timelines
Donor Acknowledgment and Information Management
• Leads gift processing and data management in the division, which includes: processing pledges and payments, sending reminder and renewal notices, synchronizing donor data with other systems in use at the CCA, and creating accurate and effective reports, dashboards, and templates
• Initiates rapid prospect research
• Engages with donors to best understand and facilitate their connection with the CCA
• Ensures tax receipts, acknowledgement letters and thank you messages are generated in a timely manner, and with continuity of design and message that is reflective of established CCA practices
• Manages accurate and up-to-date Development information, both electronic and archival
• Education: Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• Interest in contemporary art and culture, architecture, cities, education or global issues
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 years
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Experience in the philanthropic sector and knowledge of best fundraising practices preferred
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Ability to learn quickly and ease with databases and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising databases/CRMs is an asset
• Knowledge of project methodology and budget management, comfortable with numbers
• Organized and attentive to details while keeping sight of broader goals
• Self-confidence, comfort and graciousness when interacting with new people, especially donors
• Self-reliant, energetic, collaborative
• Familiarity with and/or interest in learning and understanding the vision and culture of the CCA
• Accuracy and precision in document preparation, filing and archiving
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 28 November 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. And if you wish to help us redefine how this website works, please click here.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.