Editor, CCA Website
The Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) conceives of researching, collecting, curating, and publishing as interrelated activities that both inform and develop its ongoing investigation of architecture’s role in the world. These activities are carried out and presented in the CCA’s building in Montréal, in multiple cities around the world through travelling outputs such as exhibitions, publications, and public programs, and through the networked presence of its website.
The main responsibility of this job is to contribute to CCA activities by building on the role of its website as an editorial platform through which content generated or promoted by the CCA is shared, institutional resources are made accessible, and research in fields related to the built environment is enhanced. The Editor, CCA Website works with the Associate Director, Publications to devise the website’s content strategy and collaborates with the other members of the Publications team to create, commission, and edit online content that supports and reinforces the institution’s curatorial work.
• Designs the CCA’s online editorial program with a view to expanding the institution’s broader editorial strategy while ensuring its contemporary relevance
• Working in close collaboration with the other members of the Publications division and with staff in other divisions throughout the CCA, identifies opportunities to increase the online presence of the CCA in keeping with the institution’s vision and curatorial program
• Participates in the promotion and external presentation of the CCA’s online publishing program
• Proposes and develops media partnerships when relevant
• Recommends content to ensure the interest and relevance of online and digital publishing programs
• Stays informed of new developments in online publishing, and contributes this knowledge to the work of the Publications division
• Proposes and creates content for the website, acting when necessary as editor, producer, or author
• Researches, reviews, selects, and edits publication materials (text and visuals)
• Proposes, schedules, and commissions external contributions
• Collaborates with external copyeditors, translators, and other collaborators involved in the editorial process
• Copyedits texts and their translations as required
• Contributes to the development and updatings of the CCA style guide
• Writes and produces the CCA newsletter in collaboration with the other members of the editorial team
• Ensures the adherence to editorial standards regarding tone of voice, appearance, and style
• Creates and updates CCA website content through the website’s CMS
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in architecture, the history of architecture, or a related discipline
• 3 to 5 years experience in publishing in architecture or related fields, particularly in electronic and online publications
• Broad insight into contemporary architecture
• Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work in French and English, with advanced writing skills in one of the two languages
• Past work should demonstrate ingenuity in conceiving an editorial program and working collaboratively
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 25 July 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.