Administrative Coordinator, Programs
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time, fueling crucial conversation with the audience. The Administrative Coordinator will operate within the CCA Programs division. The Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as catalyst for original inquiry.
The Administrative Coordinator, Programs assists the Curator, Contemporary Architecture with managing the division’s administration and budget.
Key responsibilities of this job include the coordination of contractual agreements and budget planning and monitoring for curatorial projects in diverse formats (Exhibitions and Public Programs).
• Prepares strategies for initial budgets for each project and reviews quotes with Curator, Contemporary Architecture; participates in evaluation and planning for human, material and financial resources
• Develops and monitors the division’s budget under the supervision of the Curator, Contemporary Architecture
• Prepares the necessary reports for exhibition projects, public programs, etc.
• Acts as a liaison between the division and the other CCA services in order to manage deadlines and budgets
• Works with the Coordinator, Curatorial Affairs and all Administrative Coordinators to ensure communication and coordination across divisions
• Prepares consulting contracts for exhibition curators, designers, authors and researchers, as well as contracts for guest speakers for lectures and seminars for public programs
• Participates in negotiations, and drafts and manages contractual agreements for exhibition co-production and co-presentation; reviews contracts and agreements from other institutions
• Participates in negotiations and drafts agreements for touring exhibitions
• Coordinates grant applications for division projects in collaboration with the Development division
• Prepares disbursement requests for the division
• Provides administrative support to the Curator, Contemporary Architecture and the division (preparation and writing of various reports, memos and institutional documents and correspondence, meeting coordination, schedules management support, travel coordination)
• Supports the on-boarding of new team members, acts as the liaison with the People and Culture division
• Develops and maintains division archives, documentation and statistics; ensures the liaison of necessary information with institutional archives
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, project management studies or related fields. Degree in cultural organization management is an asset.
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 to 5 years
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English; ability to write and revise documents
• Contract writing skills and knowledge
• Contract negotiation skills
• Excellent knowledge of project and budget management methodology
• Deadline management skills
• Advanced knowledge of management software
• High level of autonomy and organizational skills
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 4 May 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.