Coordinator, Public Collaborations
The CCA Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as catalyst for original inquiry. Public programs extend and reflect projects to generate new ideas and encounters with diverse publics.
The responsibilities of this job include coordinating all public programs developed by Public in collaboration with external partners. The incumbent supports the development of in-person and virtual public programs by creating plans and ensuring a comprehensive planning process, from concept through research phases, maintaining all schedules, coordinating internal communication for public programs, ensuring the delivery, post-production, collection of feedback and analysis. The incumbent works in a flexible way with external collaborators as well as other CCA divisions and services.
Coordination of public program collaborations
• Coordinates physical and digital events developed by Public in collaboration with external partners, from conception to development to delivery and archiving. This includes but is not limited to events such as collaborative special events, school and university programs, Open Sessions, and space rentals.
• Develops scenarios and coordinates communication, audio-visual and publishing plan, security, reservations, space setup and design, as needed for physical and digital events, as directed by Curator, Public
• Implements workflows and coordinates across CCA divisions
• Coordinates all information for website, social media, external sites
• Facilitates internal and external communications for events initiated by Public
• Reserves spaces for physical events, plans and purchases supplies as needed
• Obtains internal (e.g. security plans) and external (e.g. Liquor permits) approvals and permits as needed for physical events
• Coordinates the signing and archiving of waivers, contracts, and permissions for digital and physical events
• Plans, schedules and coordinates project meetings; maintains all related schedules and calendars
• Schedules and runs all related meetings
• Coordinates and ensures that agreements with various suppliers, consultants, and contract workers are monitored
• Maintains the Public programs filing system
• Prepares progress reports, statistical reports, and evaluations
• Supports the delivery of Public collaborative events, particularly space rentals, as on-site facilitator and troubleshooter
• Education: Bachelor degree in cultural fields; further training in teaching, communications, or group animation an asset; a degree or professional experience in architecture an asset.
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Completely bilingual in French and English; ability to write and revise documents
• Experience in public events with diverse audiences
• Excellent planning and deadline management skills
• Good computer skills
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology
• Flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend work
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 9 May 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.