The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time and whose mandate is ‘architecture is public concern’. The Collection, Publication, Programs and Research departments work collaboratively and consistently to give access to the Collection, to develop and produce unpublished research, provocative exhibitions, critical publications and to further develop a collection that could enhance all of the above in order to contribute globally to the current discourse on architecture.
Reporting to the Digital Archivist, the responsibilities for this job include arranging and describing born-digital and hybrid digital/physical archives, and ingesting born-digital data from the archives into CCA’s Archivematica-based digital repository. The incumbent will assist the Digital Archivist with all other aspects of the ongoing development of CCA’s born-digital archives and audiovisual preservation program. Collections processed will include material in the backlog, as well as new accessions. The material will be processed to local standards, described using ISAD(G), and made available on dedicated access workstations in the CCA Study Room. The incumbent will also develop and implement audiovisual digitization and preservation workflows with the Digital Archivist.
• Arranges and describes born-digital and hybrid archival collections
• Performs quality assurance during ingesting of born-digital archival data into Archivematica
• Creates and analyzes disk images of born-digital materials received on physical storage media
• Performs preservation actions such as file format migrations as needed
• Develops and implements digitization and preservation guidelines and workflows for audiovisual material with the Digital Archivist and the Digital division
• Develops and implements best practices and metadata standards for the long-term preservation of analogue and digital AV materials
• Contributes to discussions with the Digital Archivist, Archivist, editorial team and Programs as well as with the Head of Collection Access and the Digital division on the refinement of workflows for accessioning, processing, preserving, and providing access to born-digital materials as well as audiovisual collection material
• Education: Masters in Information and Library Science (MLIS) or equivalent
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Working knowledge of archival descriptive standards such as ISAD(G), RAD and/or DACS
• Strong command of archival theory and best practices
• Familiarity of digital preservation issues, strategies, standards (e.g. OAIS, PREMIS), and best practices
• Experience or interest in describing, digitizing and preserving archival audiovisual material
• Capable in communicating and writing in French and English, or willingness to learn
• Superior writing skills and ability to communicate clearly
• Knowledge of architecture and related fields
• Familiarity with computer-aided design programs (AutoCAD, Microstation, Rhino, Maya, formZ, etc.)
• Experience with digital forensics tools and techniques and web-archiving services
• Knowledge of basic *nix terminal commands
• Some familiarity with programming/scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, or bash or willingness to learn
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 23 May 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.