Technician, Building Mechanics
The Building Services is responsible for the management of all CCA buildings, facilities and outdoor spaces. It oversees the day-to-day operations and preventive and corrective maintenance of all public and private, exterior and interior spaces, in compliance with applicable laws and regulatory standards. He/she collaborates on the institution’s curatorial projects for space and equipment needs.
The responsibilities of this job include installation, maintenance, repair, preventive maintenance tasks on various mechanical according to the asset management plan and supporting the mechanic and master electrician in their duties. The incumbent will perform maintenance and repair tasks on ventilation, irrigation, mechanical and pneumatic systems and assist in the maintenance of the building enclosure.
Principales responsabilités de l’emploi
• Monitors the preventive maintenance program and carries out work or repairs according to the asset maintenance plan
• Supervises and operates the automated computerized control system (Metasys) of the various equipment connected to this system, including the ventilation system
• Performs general mechanical tasks (replacement of filters, belts, bearings, valves, outdoor irrigation equipment, etc.)
• Participates in troubleshooting, takes corrective action and makes minor repairs to prevent equipment or systems failures
• Contributes to improving and uses the computerized maintenance management software
• Records and analyzes instrument readings and equipment malfunctions
• Takes temperature, humidity and pressure readings
• Participates in the installation and manufacturing of new equipment or items required for operations management
• Collaborates in the development of operating, maintenance, safety and cleanliness procedures
• Organizes the workspaces of staff according to the instructions of his/her supervisor
• Performs interior finishing repairs (gypsum, paint, carpet)
• Carries out basic carpentry and plumbing work
• Ensures compliance with energy conservation programs and their strict application
• Answers requests from staff/internal users
• DEP (Vocational studies diploma) in general building maintenance or DEC in building mechanics (or equivalent)
• 2 years experience in building maintenance or equivalent
• Good knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Ability to communicate clearly and work in teams
• Strong interest in various fields of activity in the building industry
• Self-reliance, sense of responsibility, resourcefulness, and versatility
• Good judgment and respect for procedures
• Cleanliness, work quality and safety oriented
• Experience in providing quality support to staff
• Experience in a museum environment (asset)
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 10 October 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.