Assistant, Digital Assets Management
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an international research institution operating from the fundamental premise that architecture is a public concern. It was founded in 1979 by Phyllis Lambert as a new type of cultural institution, with the specific aim of increasing public awareness of the role of architecture in contemporary society and promoting research in the field. We produce exhibitions, publications, and a range of activities driven by a curiosity about how architecture shapes—and might reshape—contemporary life.
The CCA is in the process of implementing a new digital asset management system, ResourceSpace. Over 50,000 images along with their metadata need to be uploaded into this system. This position involves organizing, preparing, and ingesting image-based digital assets and their metadata into the digital asset management system.
• Ensures the processing of assets and proper migration into the digital asset management system
• Identifies, Collects, consolidates, and organizes assets for the digital asset management system according to set criteria and methodology
• Reviews assets for quality and eliminates redundant, duplicated, and obsolete assets
• Matches assets to metadata from the collection database (TMS)
• Assembles metadata into CSV files to prepare for migration of assets
• Uploads files and metadata to digital asset management system (ResourceSpace)
• Verifies asset uploads, validates, tests and enhances metadata for digital assets in a coherent and consistent manner, documents anomalies and corrects when possible
• Tracks project progress and maintains statistics on assets uploaded that is shared with the Head, Digital MediaWorks with the Digital Media team to troubleshoot and proposes solutions to issues that arise in the ingest process
• Works with the digital media team to resolve issues and provide solutions to issues that arise in the acquisition process
• Education: Post-secondary student or graduate in museum or documentation studies, archival studies, art, art history or architectural history
• Number of years of relevant work experience: Minimum of 1 year working with systems and data
• Able to work in both French and English
• Good communication skills
• Familiarity with digital asset management systems and Collection databases (such as TMS), digital image formats, metadata, or openness to learn
• Good computer skills, MS-Office suite
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• Able to work independently as well as part of a team
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 8 September 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.