Head, Buildings and Grounds
The mandate of the Buildings and Security Department is to manage all the CCA’s buildings, equipment, and outdoor areas. It oversees the operations and preventive and corrective maintenance of all public and private areas, both exterior and interior, in compliance with the laws, regulations and standards in effect. The Head, Buildings and Grounds has the responsibility for the maintenance and proper operation of all electrical, mechanical, ventilation and lighting equipment at the CCA and for the safety of the premises, visitors, and staff.
The incumbent collaborates on curatorial projects for the institution’s space and equipment needs. The incumbent ensures that high standards of security are maintained and that the CCA is effectively protected against fire, theft, vandalism, and other disasters in accordance with the standards established by the institution.
The responsibilities of this job include planning, organizing, controlling, managing, and coordinating the operations of the CCA’s buildings and grounds, one of which is a heritage building. The incumbent is responsible for the asset management plan strategy and the planning of major infrastructure works.
Buildings and grounds
• Directs, structures, plans, and optimizes all activities related to department operations, maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment, as well as major work projects
• Manage the asset maintenance plan and oversee project planning based on risk analysis and budget envelopes
• Oversee the maintenance program, infrastructure inspection and management of maintenance and repair service contracts required in the buildings under its responsibility
• Support the preventive maintenance procedures and policies, the development and implementation of formal verification programs and systematic and periodic follow-ups
• Prepare tender documents and ensure their follow-up in collaboration with consultants, professionals or intermediaries assigned to the projects
• Coordinate consulting services in engineering and architecture or with other internal and external professionals
• Define and implement key performance indicators and a dashboard to monitor activities and analyze results
• Manage the energy consumption program and identify energy performance metrics or indicators
• Manage the inventory and procurement of the institution’s assets and furniture
• Coordinate and plan with other departments for office space retrofits or modifications within the buildings
• Proactively research and keep abreast of emerging industry trends and ideas and apply them
• Develop critical analysis and manage risks related to various areas of buildings, grounds, equipment and promote security around them
• Maintain records on the operational status of security systems (e.g. alarm systems, cameras, sprinklers, etc.), maintenance visits and inspections, and compliance with system operating procedures
• Implement and update the emergency and security plan for his sector of activity
• Supervise subcontractors in accident prevention and compliance with CCA standards
• Act as a link with the security agency responsible for site security
• Establish orientations and priorities in terms of prevention, awareness and safe storage of goods, particularly hazardous products
• Handle occupational health and safety issues in collaboration with the People and Culture division with respect to improvements to be implemented, training and compliance with laws and regulations
• Develop and maintain a diverse network of local, national, and exceptionally international collaborators in various fields specific to the sector
• Ensure sound financial management of departmental budgets and infrastructure projects
• Recruit, mentor, and coach staff and promote their professional development
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture, business administration or training in a field related to building operations and management, such as R.P.A. (Real Property Administrator)
• Years of relevant experience required: 7+ years in building management and 3 years in personnel management
• Fluency in French and English, both oral and written
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to deal with critical situations
• Organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Critical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills
• Ability to negotiate effectively with contractors, suppliers, professionals, and various trades
• Experience in occupational health and safety is highly desirable
• Knowledge of risk management concepts is an asset
• Knowledge of the principles and development of an asset maintenance plan
• Ability with building information modeling (BIM) is an asset
• Competence in building mechanics, major work management, electrical, ventilation systems, control, and intelligent building
• Knowledge of current building and construction codes and regulations
• Skill in developing an asset maintenance plan
• Knowledge of security department operations is an asset
• Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications
• Knowledge of regulations and laws for the maintenance of classified heritage assets, an asset
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 31 October 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.