Generalist, Talents and Culture
About the CCA
The Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is an international research centre and museum founded on the belief that architecture is a public concern. Responsive to the changing cultural context of our time and strengthened by its extensive collection, exhibitions, programs, and research activities, the CCA is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and generating new ideas and debates about architecture, its history, theory, practice, and its role in society today.
Our People & Culture division is committed to innovation and building a humane work environment where every person feels valued and appreciated. Would you like to be part of a humble team that creates change and celebrates you while working in a stimulating and creative environment? If so, come join us! The responsibilities of this position include designing new human resources practices and policies, implementing training and employment equity programs, standardizing and supporting the CCA with recruitment needs.
• Update and communicate HR policy documentation to staff and supervisors
• Review performance management program and administrative procedures to streamline work processes
• Update job descriptions and evaluations on a regular basis
• Develop management tools to ensure neutrality in interviewing and evaluating candidates and assessing training needs
• Establish recruitment strategy and timelines with department heads
• Ensure the complete recruitment process (job posting, CV screening, interviews and tests, selection, work permits, etc.)
• Develop collaborative relationships with third parties and identify ways to attract candidates from diverse cultures
• Implement a training and leadership plan
• Coordinate and track individual and/or group training activities
• Document training records according to the requirements of the 1% law and complete government reports and surveys to this effect
• Accompany managers in the improvement of their employees’ mobilization
• Design various visa and work permit applications based on a labour market impact assessment (LMIA) and/or exempt from an LMIA under various international agreements
• Carry out any other project related to the People and Culture division
You will enjoy the following benefits:
• Work-life balance. Good balance between on-site presence and telecommuting
• 35 hours/week schedule and flexible hours policy
• 4 weeks of vacation after the first year
• Generous amount of sick days, personal days and CCA days
• Group insurance, employee assistance program and pension plan available
• Access to our exhibits, discounts on our publications and at the bookstore
• Level of education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field (administration/finance), member of the Ordre des CRHA et CRIA du Québec an asset
• Number of years of experience required: 3 to 5 years as an HR generalist
• Solid knowledge of written and spoken French and English
• Good knowledge of labour law legislation
• Proven knowledge of HR policies and employee programs
• Good knowledge of MS-Office and posting sites
• Discretion and concern for confidentiality
• Demonstrate organizational skills, thoroughness, and ability to manage priorities
• Be respectful and a good team player
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate an interest in organizational change and the cultural environment
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 9 May 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. And if you wish to help us redefine how this website works, please click here.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.