Programmer for Indigenous Communities
About the CCA
Strengthened by its extensive Collection (archives, prints & drawings, photography and new media, library holdings) and based on its exhibitions, programs, and research opportunities, the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and widening the debate on architecture, its history, theory, practice, and role in society today.
The CCA’s Programs Division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architectural debate, and to catalyze new lines of thinking. Public programs design and deploy projects to generate new ideas and encounters with a diverse audience.
Mandate responsibilities include the development of new cultural productions geared toward Indigenous youth, potential transformation of existing programs, and strengthening relationships with diverse racialized communities. The position would assist in the oversight and creation of programs, both virtual and face-to-face, focused on the experience of Indigenous youth in collaboration with the CCA’s public programs team in achieving their goals.
In recognition of the importance of the lived experience of these communities to appropriate programming, preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate links to the communities involved in the Montreal area.
Development of public programs
• Creates hands-on workshops that address questions, concerns, or observations of Indigenous youth about architecture, urban planning, design and the built environment in their respective communities
• Develops, in conversation with the CCA’s Public Programs team, youth activities that focus on the ideas and practices of Indigenous communities
• Guides the research through each phase of the workshop design
• Produces training materials for the delivery of new workshops
• Ensures the delivery of the new materials during the pilot period and adjusts as necessary
• Trains the CCA staff in the delivery of the new workshops
Audience outreach activities
• Participates in screening and communication with Indigenous communities through schools, organizations, and other relevant groups
• Builds on existing CCA research to identify schools and organizations to work with
• Contacts targeted schools and organizations to inform them of CCA’s workshop offerings and establishes lasting relationships with them
• Experience in the community sector
• Experience or strong interest in architecture and urban development
• Training in teaching, communication or group facilitation is an asset
• Experience in developing and implementing educational programs in a museum setting would be an asset
• Ability to manage one’s schedule independently and meet deadlines
Hourly rate and mandate duration
• Between $30 and $35 per hour, paid as consultant
• 32 weeks of 12 hours per year, the schedule and specific hours will be discussed with the candidate and may be subject to change as the project progresses
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 12 June 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. And if you wish to help us redefine how this website works, please click here.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.