- James Frazer Stirling (editor)
- Kenneth Frampton (correspondence writer)
- John Jacobus (author)
- John Jacobus (correspondence writer)
- James Frazer Stirling (correspondence writer)
- James Frazer Stirling (archive creator)
annotated drafts of introduction by John Jacobus, correspondence with John Jacobus and publisher Gerd Hatje, sketchbook with notes and sketches for book layout by James Stirling, including:
- letter from James Stirling to John Jacobus (28 April 1975) explaining the process of editing Jacobus' introduction, mollifying him regarding changes and noting that the text was reviewed by Ken Frampton and Kerry ?
- letter from John Jacobus to James Stirling (22 May 1975?) "I'm still mad at you but that's a small thing."
- 2nd draft of the introduction "approved by Jake" annotated in black and blue ink
- 5th draft (June 1971) 2 photocopied copies
- Draft of the introduction, inscribed "Mary" in red ink, with comments in pencil (by Mary Stirling ?) and further notes in red ink (by James Stirling ?)
- 5th draft (June 1971), inscribed "Jan" (struck through in red ink), "Fourth draft" (struck through in red ink and replaced with "Fifth), annotated in red ink over earlier nnotations (by James Stirling ?)
- 5th draft (struck through in red ink), extensively edited and annotated in red ink by James Stirling
- 5th draft, original typescript, annotated in black ink and graphite
- 4th draft, inscribed "Jan 71," a photocopy of an already annotated and edited text
- 4th draft, inscribed "3rd draft" (struck through in red ink), heavily edited in rd ink, graphite, green ink, including an additional 7 pages of notes "by Ken Frampton" dated "Fall of 1972 or 73"
- 3rd draft, original typescript, edited in black ink by James Stirling
- 2nd draft, "approved by Jake," photocopy, edited in graphite over earlieer editing marks
- several sets of early pages of the introduction, interspersed with accompanying letters from John Jacobus to James Stirling, all heavily annotated and struck through in red andorange marker, black ink, graphite, purple ink, yellow marker, red ink, purple pencil, with entirely new passages in black ink
- 4th draft, dated "Jan 71," two photocopied copies including photocopied editing marks
- final draft, inscribed "FINAL" and "Revised (in ink), to length(?) via Hatje," original typescript, edited in red ink, graphite, black ink, black marker, blue ink, green ink and strike throughs in black marker
Red cloth-bound journal
- 23.2 x 18.0 cm
dated on inside cover "London - May - 1973"
- page layouts for book
- black ink, blue marker, red ink, graphite, blue ink
Quantity / Object type:
1 textual record(s)
records: 0,1 l.m.
James Stirling/Michael Wilford fonds
Collection Centre Canadien d'Architecture/
Canadian Centre for Architecture, Montréal
Objects that have been catalogued: