Personnes et institutions:
- Ryue Nishizawa (creator)
- Ryue Nishizawa (archive creator)
Documents d’archives de Ryue Nishizawa
Niveau de description archivistique:
Présentation du contenu:
The records documents two of the projects undertaken by Ryue Nishizawa in dense commercial district of Tokyo: the Moriyama House in 2005 and the Garden and House completed in 2013. The records comprises two models related to those projects, including a model for the Moriyama House and a study model for the Garden and House. There is also a installation model showing the three galleries of the Canadian Center for Architecture in which the Nishizawa's projects were presented for the exhibition "Some Ideas on Living in London and Tokyo by Stephen Taylor and Ryue Nishizawa" in 2008.
Numéro de référence:
Ryue Nishizawa is born in 1966 in Tokyo. He graduated from the Architecture School of the Yokohama National University in 1990. In 1995, he co-founded, with Kazuyo Sejima, the firm SANAA (Sejima And Nishizawa And Associates) with which he is undertaking the design for the Institut d'Art Moderne de Valence, France, the Contemporary Art Museum of Kanazawa in Japan (for which he obtains in 2004 the Golden Lion Prize at the Venetian Biennale International Exhibition of Architecture), the Dior building in Tokyo and the New Museum of Contemporary Art in New York, United States.
In 1997, he founded his own firm Nishizawa Ryue Architecture Design Office and began his first project as an independant architect in 1998. From 2004 to 2013, he conceived the designs for houses situated in a dense commercial district of Tokyo, including the Moriyama House (2005), the House A (2007) and the Garden and House (completed in 2013). Both the project of the Moriyama House and the Garden and House were presented at the Canadien Center for Architecture for the exhibition "Some Ideas on Living in London and Tokyo by Stephen Taylor and Ryue Nishizawa" in 2008.
- Open for use by qualified researchers. Access by appointment only.
Conditions de réproduction:
- Contact the CCA for copyright information and permission to reproduce (email@example.com).
Historique de la conservation:
- The Ryue Nishizawa's models remained in his custody until their transfer to the CCA in 2008 in the context of the exhibition "Some Ideas on Living in London and Tokyo by Stephen Taylor and Ryue Nishizawa", to be formally donated in March 2011.
Autres instruments de recherche:
- The finding aid is in English.
- Documents related to the CCA exhibition "Some Ideas on Living in London and Tokyo by Stephen Taylor and Ryue Nishizawa" (May to October 2008) are available in the CCA institutionnal archives.