Program Assistant, Young Public
The CCA Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as a catalyst for original inquiry. Public programs conceive and carry out projects to generate new ideas and encounters with diverse publics.
The responsibilities of Program Assistant, Young Public include delivering all public programs, such as guided tours, workshops, performances, and conversations, as well as supporting curatorial projects—with a focus on supporting the development of, coordinating, and leading the delivery of programs to young publics, which may take place on-site, off-site, and online. The incumbent participates in the research and/or program development under the direction of CCA Curators. The incumbent communicates curatorial projects by developing compelling narratives aligned with the institutional voice to foster comprehension of the CCA and its mission.
Development and coordination of young public programs
• Contributes to the development of all young public programs and organizes the related activities, following curatorial direction
• Liaises with local and regional primary and secondary schools, CEGEP, and school boards, and works to increase external awareness of CCA young public programs through presentations and networking
• Researches and maintains internal CCA awareness of relevant school curricula and standards, and proposes ways to align relevant young public programming
• Prepares materials and spatial plans for activities with Designer, Exhibition and Building
• Acts as an internal liaison in the division and with other CCA departments and/or external collaborators for all young public programs or public programs as needed
• Works with all departments involved to ensure that materials and information are received by the set deadlines, to support the delivery and communication of young public programs or public programs as needed
• Drafts CCA website and social media content related to public and young public programs
• Notes public responses, prepares reports and statistics, and suggests improvements
• Delivers all programs for young publics; supports other Program Assistants as needed
• Delivers other public program as needed
• Acts as a representative of the CCA and ensures physical presence in the galleries and all public spaces, actively initiating conversations and responding to public inquiries
• Contributes to curatorial project development, including exhibitions and public programs, under the direction of Curators
• Assists in the research and drafting of content for publications, the web, and social media
• Assists Coordinator, Public, in the scheduling of young public programs, ensuring that the schedules of all CCA internal and external collaborators are included
• Plans the activity spaces, prepares requests for the supplies needed for young public activities and ensures delivery
• Compiles data and assists in the preparation of progress reports, statistical reports, and archiving
• Education: Bachelor degree in a field related to architecture and education or demonstrated experience in the field, with demonstrated experience working with young publics; further training in teaching, communications, or group animation an asset
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Bilingual, French and English, spoken and written
• Enjoys public speaking, excellent communication and speaking skills
• Experience in group animation with young publics
• Experience in training or art teaching, or experimental pedagogy
• Flexibility to work with regular weekend and occasional evening work
Please submit your application (resume, cover letter) to email@example.com by 22 January 2019, to the attention of Human Resources of the Canadian Centre for Architecture located at 1920 Baile Street, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call. The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.