Program Assistant, Young Public
The CCA Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as catalyst for original inquiry. Public programs extend and reflect projects to generate new ideas and encounters with diverse publics.
The responsibilities of the Program Assistant, Young Public include the implementation and delivery of all Young Public programs as well as the delivery of virtual and physical public programs, including guided tours, workshops, young public performances, and conversations. The incumbent facilitates on-site, off-site, and online public programs; assists with the research under the direction of the CCA curators; and supports the development of public and other curatorial programs. The incumbent presents curatorial projects through compelling narratives that align with the institutional voice to foster understanding of the CCA and its mission to encourage public concern.
Delivery of public programs
• Leads the delivery of all virtual and physical programs for young publics
• Delivers virtual and physical programs for publics; collaborating with other Program Assistants as needed
• Facilitates physical and digital encounters between public and CCA, maintaining the institutional voice and character
• Notes public responses and prepares reports
Development of public programs
• Researches and leads outreach to new young publics, that is enlarging and extending especially the school network
• Proposes new programs, especially for young publics, under the direction of Curator, Public
• As needed, coordinates and/or supports the coordination of specific projects for Young Public, including working with external collaborators
• Drafts CCA website and social media content for public programs
• Drafts tour and workshop scripts aligned with the institutional voice
• Tracks inventory of supplies for Young Public programs and submits requests for the purchases of new supplies
• Assists in research and development of Public projects as directed by the Curator, Public
• Available to assist on research for the development of other curatorial project development, such as exhibitions and publications, as directed
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a field related to architecture or demonstrated experience in the field; further training in teaching, communications, or group animation is a definite asset
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Bilingual, French and English, spoken and written
• Enjoys public speaking, has excellent communication and speaking skills suited to young publics
• Experience in group animation
• Experience in training or art teaching or experimental pedagogy
• Flexibility to work with regular weekend and occasional evening work
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 22 October 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.