Program Assistant, Public
The CCA Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as catalyst for original inquiry. Public programs extend and reflect projects to generate new ideas and encounters with diverse publics.
The responsibilities of Program Assistant, Public include delivering all CCA public programs, such as guided tours, workshops, performances, young public programs, and conversations, and supporting curatorial projects. The incumbent animates public programs that take place on-site, off-site, and online; assists with the research under the direction of CCA Curators, and supports the development of public and other curatorial programs. The incumbent communicates curatorial projects by developing compelling narratives aligned with the institutional voice to foster comprehension of the CCA and its mission.
Development and coordination of public programs
• Contributes collaboratively to the development of public programs
• Contributes to outreach and creation of new publics under the direction of the Curator
• Delivers all programs for publics; supporting other staff as needed
• Notes public responses and prepares reports, statistics, and suggests improvements
• Drafts CCA website and social media content for public programs
• Assists in compiling data for the preparation of reports, statistics reports and archives
• Acts as a representative of CCA and ensures physical presence in the galleries and all public spaces at CCA, actively initiating conversations and available to respond to public inquiries
Research and development of curatorial projects
• Contributes to curatorial project development across all divisions and media, including exhibitions and public programs, publications, web and social media, under direction of Curators
• Researches and writes compelling project narratives aligned with the institutional voice
• Education: Bachelor degree in a field related to architecture or demonstrated experience in the field; further training in teaching, communications, or group animation is a definite asset
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Enjoys public speaking, excellent communication and speaking skills
• Experience in group animation
• Flexibility to work with regular weekend and occasional evening work
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 23 January 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.