Program Assistant, Public
The CCA Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as catalyst for original inquiry. Public programs extend and reflect projects to generate new ideas and encounters with diverse publics.
The responsibilities of Program Assistant, Public include delivering all CCA public programs, such as guided tours, workshops, performances, young public programs, and conversations, and supporting curatorial projects. The incumbent animates public programs that take place on-site, off-site, and online; assists with the research under the direction of CCA Curators, and supports the development of public and other curatorial programs. The incumbent communicates curatorial projects by developing compelling narratives aligned with the institutional voice to foster comprehension of the CCA and its mission.
Development and coordination of public programs
• Contributes collaboratively to the development of public programs
• Prepares materials and spatial plans for activities with Designer, Exhibition and Building
• Notes public responses, prepares reports and statistics, and suggests improvements
• Compiles data and assists in the preparation of progress reports, statistical reports, and archiving
• Drafts CCA website and social media content for public programs • Delivers all public programs, supporting other Program Assistants as needed
• Acts as a representative of the CCA and ensures physical presence in the galleries and all public spaces, actively initiating conversations and responding to public inquiries
Research and development of curatorial projects
• Contributes to curatorial project development, including exhibitions and public programs, under direction of Curators
• Assists in the research and drafting of content for publications, the web, and social media
• Education: Bachelor degree in a field related to architecture or demonstrated experience in the field; further training in teaching, communications, or group animation an asset
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Bilingual, French and English, spoken and written
• Enjoys public speaking, excellent communication and speaking skills
• Experience in group animation
• Experience in training or art teaching, or experimental pedagogy
• Flexibility to work with regular weekend and occasional evening work
Please send your CV with a cover letter (can be written or video-recorded) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 March 2018, to the attention of Human Resources of the Canadian Centre for Architecture located at 1920 Baile Street, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.