The CCA Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as catalyst for original inquiry. Public programs extend and reflect projects to generate new ideas and encounters with diverse publics.
The responsibilities of this job include coordinating all public programs initiated by Public, including for young publics. The incumbent supports the development of in-person and virtual public programs by creating plans and ensuring a comprehensive planning process, from concept through research phases, maintaining all schedules, coordinating internal communication for public programs, ensuring the delivery, post-production, collection of feedback and analysis. The incumbent works in a flexible way with external collaborators as well as other CCA divisions and services. They coordinate the work of all Program Assistants, Public.
Coordination of public program
• Coordinates physical and digital events initiated by Public, from conception to development to delivery and archiving. This includes but is not limited to programs such as lectures and conversations, the CCA Soiree, production residencies, book launches, tours, and Friends of CCA events.
• Develops scenarios and coordinates communication, audio-visual and publishing plan, security, reservations, space setup and design, as needed for physical and digital events, as directed by Curator, Public
• Implements workflows and coordinates across CCA divisions
• Coordinates all information for website, social media, external sites
• Facilitates internal and external communications for events initiated by Public
• Reserves spaces for physical events, plans and purchases supplies as needed
• Obtains internal (e.g. security plans) and external (e.g. liquor permits) approvals and permits as needed for physical events
• Coordinates the signing and archiving of waivers and permissions for digital and physical events
• Plans, schedules and coordinates project meetings; maintains all related schedules and calendars
• Schedules and runs all related meetings
• Coordinates and ensures that agreements with various suppliers, consultants, and contract workers are monitored
• Maintains the Public programs filing system
• Prepares progress reports, statistical reports, and evaluations
• Available to occasionally support delivery of Public programs as a backup
• Education: Bachelor degree in architecture or demonstrated experience in the field; further training in teaching, communications, or group animation an asset
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years of project coordination
• Completely bilingual in French and English; ability to write and revise documents
• Experience in supervision and in the development and implementation of museum educational activities for different audiences (children, student groups, specialized family groups)
• Planning and deadline management skills
• Good computer skills
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology
• Flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend work
Please submit your application (resume, cover letter or video) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920, rue Baile, Montreal (Qc) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 18 August 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone having the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.