The CCA Programs division researches and organizes exhibitions and public programs as a form of cultural production to suggest new perspectives for architecture debate, and as a catalyst for original inquiry. Public programs conceive and carry out projects to generate new ideas and encounters with diverse publics.
The responsibilities of this job include coordinating all public programs, including for young publics. The incumbent supports the development of public programs by creating plans and ensuring a comprehensive planning process, from concept through research phases, maintaining all schedules, coordinating internal communication for public programs, ensuring the delivery, post-production, collection of feedback and analysis. The incumbent works in a flexible way with external collaborators as well as other CCA divisions and services. He/she coordinates and supervises the work of Program Assistants, Public and Program Assistant, Young Public.
Coordination of public programs
• Coordinates CCA-initiated projects and co-productions with other institutions, from the research phase to realisation of public programs and archiving, using project management methodology
• Prepares and maintains the schedule for all public programs including programs for young publics, ensuring that the schedules of all internal and external collaborators are included
• Plans the scheduling of Program Assistants, Public and Program Assistant, Young Public
• Prepares materials and spatial plans for activities with Designer, Exhibition and Building, and ensures their communication internally
• Takes reservations, coordinates billing, and follow-ups for all visits
• Ensures that materials, supplies, and information are received by the set deadlines, and assures program delivery
• Acts as internal liaison for all public events, coordinating with Administrative Coordinator, Programs
• Works collaboratively with Events Coordinator, Communications, and Administrative Coordinator, Research, on all events with a public component
• Drafts CCA website and social media content related to public programs as needed
• Acts as back-up to the Program Assistants, Public and Program Assistant, Young Public
• Contributes to developing public programs with curators and the curatorial team
• Carries out research following curatorial direction and offers content suggestions for specific projects
• Adapts programs to different types of audience
• Documents and archives all public programs contents and activities
• Delivers public and young public programs on CCA premises, off-site, and online as needed
• Coordinates and ensures that agreements with various suppliers, consultants, and contract workers are monitored
• Maintains the Public programs filing system
• Prepares progress reports, statistical reports, and evaluations
• Education: Bachelor degree in architecture or demonstrated experience in the field; further training in teaching, communications, or group animation an asset
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years of project coordination
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English; ability to write and revise documents
• Experience in supervision and in the development and implementation of museum educational activities for different audiences (children, student groups, specialized family groups)
• Planning and deadline management skills
• Good computer skills
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology
• Flexible schedule including occasional evening and weekend work
Please submit your application (resume, cover letter or video) by email to email@example.com to the attention of Human Resources of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920, rue Baile, Montreal (Qc) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 25 August 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.