Digital Product Manager
About the CCA
Strengthened by its extensive Collection (archives, prints & drawings, photography and new media, library holdings) and based on its exhibitions, programs, and research opportunities, the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and widening the debate on architecture and its history, theory, practice, and role in society today.
Our Digital and Outreach Division plays a central role in the growth of the institution’s digital culture, understood in the broadest sense. This includes both the use of digital tools and media to communicate the CCA’s voice and engage audiences with content and resources, as well as the production of new digital work as a medium for content. It also includes work on defining the character of the CCA brand, both digital and analogue.
● Ensures the continuity of existing digital standards
● Liaises and collaborates with all divisions in order to create coherent digital solutions, finding opportunities for efficiencies and determining required synergies
● Works with the Associate Director, Digital and Outreach to deliver and manage the digital products roadmaps, to constantly leverage innovative technologies as appropriate and to secure alignments from all stakeholders
Digital product management
● Participates in digital product development from conceptualization, design and development, through the launch and ongoing support and evolution
● Provides end-to-end project management for the website (cca.qc.ca) and other digital platforms such
● Validates and synthesizes requirements at project inception, writes project specifications and translates project vision and objectives into a backlog, keeps track of key milestones and priorities, carries out QA testing and user testing
● Manages overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon
● Ensures that issues and risks are properly identified, considered, escalated, and resolved
● Leads kick off and status meetings and participates in scoping meetings
Online presence and communications
● Closely liaises with the Curatorial and Communications teams to develop the CCA’s online presence, to align initiatives, and to create a coherent experience across all channels
● Monitors indicators and measures the performance level of the digital products in place
Understanding Web technologies
● Contributes to the fluid integration of web systems and technologies, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best possible digital experiences
● Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and platforms, identifies innovative digital trends and products on the market, content distribution ideas and platforms – determining potential impact, threats and opportunities for digital product platforms
You will get the following benefits:
• Work-life balance, with the possibility of partial telework
• 35 hours/week schedule and flexible hours policy
• 4 weeks of vacation after the first year
• Generous amount of sick days, personal days and CCA days
• Group insurance, employee assistance program and pension plan available
• Access to CCA exhibitions and discounts on CCA publications and at the bookstore
● Education: University degree in project management, communications, computer science or a comparable field
● Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 to 5 years of proven project management experience of content-rich websites and systems integration—ideal experience includes working for a cultural institution with an international outreach and/or in architecture
● Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
● Experience building and deploying digital initiatives and products on time and on budget
● In-depth knowledge of digital technologies, UX, usability testing, digital analytics and user-centred design practices
● Knowledge of Agile project management methodology; Agile project management certification an asset
● Ability to tailor communications between internal divisions, engineering teams, management and more
● Experience in using Google’s statistical tracking tools (Analytics, Data Studio, Search Console and Tag Manager)
● Google Analytics certifications an asset
● Experience with e-commerce
● Good knowledge of MS Office, project management tools (Team Gantt, JIRA), database systems, web technology
● Experience with museum-centric systems and principles such as collections management/digital assets management, digital exhibitions an asset
● Be organized, rigorous and able to manage priorities
● Be respectful, have a good team spirit
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 19 August 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA has an employment equity policy and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone having the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.