Digital Product Manager
The responsibilities of this position are to monitor leading-edge digital strategies, with the goal of extending and growing the CCA’s audience, influence and ensuring continuity across all digital platforms. The incumbent will work closely with the Curatorial and Communications teams, and the CCA’s users, to understand their digital needs and expectations, and manage the production of digital products and services in a logic of maintenance and evolution of existing products. She/he will be expected to be an influential voice for best practices in web development and technology with the innate ability to inspire, build momentum and get things done collaboratively, across divisions.
• Ensures the continuity of existing digital standards
• Liaises and collaborates with all divisions in order to create coherent digital solutions, finding opportunities for efficiencies and determining required synergies
• Works with the Associate Director, Digital and Outreach to deliver and manage the digital products roadmaps, to constantly leverage innovative technologies as appropriate and to secure alignments from all stakeholders
Digital product management
● Participates in digital product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through the launch and ongoing support and evolution
● Provides end-to-end project management for the website (cca.qc.ca) and other digital platforms such the online bookshop and access interface to the born-digital archives
● Validates and synthesizes requirements at project inception, writes project specifications and translates project vision and objectives into a backlog, keeps track of progress, potential pitfalls, key milestones and priorities, carries out QA testing and user testing, and coordinates launches and releases
● Manages overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverable dates are clearly communicated, understood, and executed upon
● Plays a key role among teams, acting as the main point of contact for feedback on project progress and other product-related information
● Schedules work across multiple projects, in multiple phases with UX/UI, design, development, and other cross-functional partners
● Ensures that issues and risks are properly identified, considered, escalated, and resolved
● Leads kick off and status meetings and participates in scoping meetings
Online presence and communications
● Closely liaises with the Curatorial and Communications teams to develop the CCA’s online presence, to align initiatives, and to create a seamless experience across all channels
● Monitors indicators and measures the performance level of the digital products in place
Understanding Web technologies
● Contributes to the fluid integration of web systems and technologies, refining and removing redundant processes and automating others to ensure we deliver the best possible digital experiences
● Keeps abreast of emerging technologies and platforms, identifies innovative digital trends and products on the market, content distribution ideas and platforms – determining potential impact, threats and opportunities for digital product platforms
• Education: University degree in project management, communications, computer science, administration, management or a comparable field or equivalent work experience
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 to 5 years of proven project management experience of content-rich websites and systems integration—ideal experience includes working for a cultural institution with an international outreach and/or in architecture
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Experience building and deploying digital initiatives and products on time and on budget
• In-depth knowledge of digital technologies, UX, usability testing, digital analytics and user-centered design practices
• Knowledge of Agile project management methodology; Agile project management certification an asset
• Experience communicating with several audience types, and the ability to tailor communications between internal divisions, engineering teams, management and more
• Experience in using Google’s statistical tracking tools (Analytics, Data Studio, Search Console and Tag Manager)
• Google Analytics certifications an asset
• Proven experience leveraging data and user feedback to drive actions
• Experience with e-commerce, including different types of transactions (e.g. donations, online store)
• Good knowledge of MS Office, project management tools (Team Gantt, JIRA), database systems, web technology
• Excellent time-management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines; good stress management skills
• Experience with museum-centric systems and principles such as collections management/digital assets management, digital exhibitions an asset
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 26 July 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.