Administrative Coordinator, Digital and Outreach
About the CCA
Strengthened by its extensive Collection (archives, prints & drawings, photography and new media, library holdings) and based on its exhibitions, programs, and research opportunities, the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and widening the debate on architecture and its history, theory, practice, and role in society today.
The Digital and Outreach Division plays a central role in advancing the institution’s digital culture, understood in the broadest sense. This includes both the use of digital tools and media to communicate the CCA’s voice and engage audiences with content and resources, as well as the production of new digital work as a medium for content. It also includes work on defining the character of the CCA brand, both digital and analogue.
The responsibilities of this job include coordinating overall deadlines for all of the division’s projects and monitoring the budget. Capitalizing on previous experience working in a fast paced environment, the incumbent provides administrative support to the Associate Director as required, keeping abreast of all activities within the division, including following-up on team-wide scheduling, delivery deadlines and budget. She/he is expected to work collaboratively, across divisions, and to have a good understanding of the administrative process, as well as strong organizational, scheduling, and communication skills.
Administrative management of the Digital and Outreach division
• Works in collaboration with the Associate Director, Digital and Outreach to implement workflow procedures and organize divisional operations and procedures
• Monitors and updates the annual budget of the division; verifies and maintains an up-to-date record of expenses in the accounting software
• Prepares, administers and ensures the distribution and tracking of division planning calendars, project plans, schedules and timetables; coordinates and centralizes schedules with all divisions
• Organizes and maintains a series of tools and documentation (i.e. knowledge assets) related to digital and outreach activities, including agreement and budget templates, guidelines and policies, workflows, and reports
• Organizes division and inter-division meetings; compiles documents and distributes them to attendees
• Writes various reports, minutes, memos, documents and institutional and organizational correspondence, or manages the drafting or collaborates on them (as needed)
• Develops and maintains division archives, documentation and statistics; ensures, as needed, that files and records are archived, protected and secure
• Supports the on-boarding of new team members, being the liaison with the People and Culture division
• Plans and manages travel reservations for staff in the division, as well as for guests and/or consultants
Projects support and monitoring
• Acts as a liaison between all CCA divisions to ensure the communication and the transversal coordination among divisions for digital and outreach projects
• Coordinates email campaigns, maintains up-to-date contact lists, and ensures that contacts are stored, managed and used following best practices
• Contributes to production while ensuring that deliverables meet internal standards, procedures and guidelines
• Maintains media contact lists with media organizations and journalists up-to-date; helps to organize media visits
• Provides support and assists with a variety of functions, including booking of freelance professionals, in accordance with the needs of the division
• Prepares contracts and drafts, and manages contractual agreements and templates for digital projects
• Develops and maintains the freelancer network (designers, videographers, printers, vendors and other talent)
• Provides research and fact-checking support as needed
• Maintains a suite of tools and documents related to brand management, engagement, and audio and video production activities, including content plan, guidelines, policies, workflows and reports
• Collects and compiles metrics information from all divisions, including key performance indicators across digital platforms and channels
• Gathers and provides information requested for grant applications and track division projects in collaboration with the Development team
Promotion and media planning
• In collaboration with the Digital Engagement Manager, Digital Content Production Manager and the Brand Manager, coordinates the production of promotional materials and design elements related to projects
• Coordinates the installation, distribution and removal of on-site promotional materials, including brochures, banners, posters and other outreach products, working closely with Programs, Development, Research and Publications, the Administration and Finance Division and with external partners
• Understands and documents emerging formats and new platforms; identify creative and design trends, identifying their impact and opportunities
• Participates in the preparation of the CCA’s annual media calendar and planning (paid ads) with the Associate Director, Digital and Outreach and other stakeholders
• Coordinates the production of ads from concept statement through production and reports on performance against established key performance indicators
• Media Plan: Coordinates ad placement and buying with selected collaborators with the goal of maximizing CCA’s reach across a range of media platforms (print, web, social media, etc.)
• Media Plan: Ensures that all relevant media channels are managed and leveraged in alignment with the media plan
● Education: College or university Degree in administration, arts, communications, or management
● Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 to 5 years—ideal experience includes working for a cultural institution with an international presence and/or in architecture
● Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English; ability to write and revise documents
● Excellent knowledge of MS Office, project management tools (including Gantt charts), email marketing systems and/or customer relationship systems, web technology
● Knowledge of project management methodology
● Positive, enthusiastic demeanour with a genuine passion for digital
● Excellent communication, time management, diplomacy, problem-solving and organizational awareness skills
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Office administration knowledge
● Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy when preparing and entering information
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 22 February 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.