The responsibilities of this job include the internal circulation of works and the entry of object and location data into the collection management system (TMS) for the archival data migration project.
The position is specifically dedicated to the inventory of the archival collection as part of the archival data migration project. The goal is to standardize the numbering of containers and update their locations, which involves working closely with the archives team. If time permits, the position will assist with the circulation of works for other curatorial or research projects at the CCA.
• Performs inventory counts for each archive in the collections management system (TMS) and identify corrections to be made
• Standardizes box and folder numbers in the collection management system
• Physically identifies missing boxes and folders in the inventory and update the corresponding records in the collection management system
• Validates permanent storage locations and make necessary corrections in the collection management system
• Maintains and updates inventory tracking documents
• Collaborates with the archivists to facilitate the processing of each archive
• Collaborates with the Collection Management team to improve the storage of archival holdings when necessary
• Education: DEC in museology or equivalent
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1 to 3 years
• Ability to work effectively in French and English
• Dexterity and ability to work with delicate objects
• Attention to detail
• Physical strength
• Experience in moving museum collections
• Ability to use a forklift and a pallet jack, an asset
• Knowledge of The Museum System (TMS) collection management system, an asset
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 8 August 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. And if you wish to help us redefine how this website works, please click here.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.