Coordinator, Loans and Acquisitions
About the CCA
Strengthened by its extensive Collection (archives, prints & drawings, photography and new media, library holdings) and based on its exhibitions, programs, and research opportunities, the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and widening the debate on architecture, its history, theory, practice, and role in society today.
The Canadian Centre for Architecture is an institution responsive to the cultural content of our time, fueling crucial conversation with the audience. The responsibilities of this job include the coordination, administration, planning and organization of all incoming and outgoing loans, including CCA`s travelling exhibitions, and of all acquisitions of the Collection. The incumbent is responsible to ensure the physical integrity of the objects during transportation and storage, and in exhibitions at the CCA or at other institutions. The incumbent collaborates closely with the Administrative Coordinator, Programs, the Programs’ team and the Collection team.
Coordination of loans (incoming and outgoing) and travelling exhibitions
• Receives loan applications and travelling exhibitions, prepares loan agreements and the documentation related to importing and exporting, initiates the coordination process in collaboration with the Programs and Collection teams
• Communicates with requesting institutions and other parties involved in loan processing and travelling exhibitions
• Prepares cost estimates regarding all aspects of loans and travelling exhibitions
• Prepares insurance certificates related to loans and travelling exhibitions
• Coordinates logistics for the transport of loans and travelling exhibitions
• Checks loan procedures for loans and travelling exhibitions and keeps them up to date
• Updates Collection records in Collection management system (TMS) and the documentation on loans and travelling exhibitions
• Available to assist the museum technicians for packaging, receiving, and shipping
Coordination of acquisitions
• Receives acquisition requests, prepares transportation and importation documents, initiates the coordination process in collaboration with the relevant Collection staff
• Communicates with donors and other parties involved in the acquisition process to coordinate the appraisal, packing, transport and receipt of acquisitions
• Updates the Collection Management System (TMS) and acquisition records
• Assists museum technicians in the accession process
• Work-life balance, with the possibility of partial telework
• 35 hours/week schedule and flexible hours policy
• 4 weeks of vacation after the first year
• Generous amount of sick days, personal days and CCA days
• Group insurance, employee assistance program and pension plan available
• Access to CCA exhibitions and discounts on CCA publications and at the bookstore
• Education: University degree in art history, degree in museum studies, logistics, or a related discipline
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 1-3 years in a museum or collection
• Ability to work effectively in English and French; knowledge of additional modern European languages is an asset
• Knowledge of museum databases (i.e. TMS), understanding of database creation and management, the issues of standardization and the principles and practice of resource sharing
• Experience in museology techniques (i.e. handling fragile and precious collection material) is an asset
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 28 August 2022. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA has an employment equity policy and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone having the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.