Coordinator, Digital Assets
The responsibilities of this job include the management and coordination of internal projects and requests for digitization–scanning, photography, audio-video–and coordination of digital assets and associated metadata along with general support digital asset management activities. This position contributes to improving discoverability of digitized material on the web, in collaboration with Programs, Collection and Publications teams. It also plays a critical role in the successful adoption and use of the CCA’s digital asset management system (DAMs). The incumbent works collaboratively with teams across the institution to ensure digital assets are uploaded into the DAMs, and identified and categorized in compliance with the CCA digital asset standards.
• Working with Head, Digital Media, prepares project plans and setting of production targets for digitization, and contributes to the development of institutional policies and standards related to digitization
• Develops and coordinates digitization workflows and procedures
• Receives and reviews requests, establishes, and sets timetables for the digitization of items for internal projects in collaboration with the Administrative Coordinator, Collections and other staff; manages digitization priorities
• Assists in the selection process of Collection items for digitization with the Associate Director, Collection, external experts, curators, editors, and archivists including coordination of consultation session
• Acts as liaison with internal requestors in all Divisions to ensure digitization efforts meet required needs and institutional standards
• Coordinates and documents movement logistics carried out by the Museum Technician(s) to ensure efficient digitization workflows
• Maintains statistics, and produces reports analyzing digitization productivity
Digital assets coordination
• Coordinates digital assets from internal and external sources, and associated metadata on curatorial and other internal projects–exhibitions, publications, web
• Assists Head, Digital Media to develop and coordinate DAMs ingest and metadata addition workflows and procedures for DAMs
• Verifies that digital assets uploaded by other DAMs users are organized, properly identified, and comply with quality standards
• Ensures consistent application of taxonomy, metadata, and organization for digital assets from CCA activities
• Contributes to the implement and development of the DAMs and related systems as well as taxonomy and metadata standards
• Supports the Head, Digital Media in the promoting DAMs adoption, training and user support
• Assists in digital asset lifecycle maintenance activities, management of DAMs rights, permissions and reports tracking usage
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in Museum Studies, Library & Information Studies, Art or Architectural History or a relevant field
● Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 to 5 years’ experience managing digitization projects or digital assets; ideal experience includes working for a museum or other cultural institution with an international outreach and/or in architecture
● Knowledge of spoken and written French and English
● Knowledge of digital asset management systems and the application of taxonomy and metadata in DAMs
● Knowledge of architecture and related fields
● Knowledge of scanning techniques and technology
● Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively and to meet planned goals and deadlines
● Knowledge of the methodology of project, budget and timeline management
● Ability to work under pressure and to manage tight schedules
● Thoroughness and attention to detail
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of People and Culture division of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 8 September 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone with the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
You can search for everything here—our exhibitions and events, our archives, the library and bookstore, the articles we publish. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.
Your folder is empty.