In 1726, Lord Burlington (1694–1753), an admirer of the sixteenth-century architect Andrea Palladio, proceeded to raise a free-standing villa on London’s outskirts that launched a radical new taste in architecture. The Palladian Revival traces the evolution of the building’s design, reproducing paintings, watercolours, drawings, plans, and elevations.
Text by John Harris.
Hardcover or softcover, 280 pages. Published in English and in French.