The responsibilities of this job include coordinating and carrying out CCA events, including those involving donors, partners and rental clients, in collaboration with other members of the Communications division and other respective divisions. The incumbent supervises staff assigned to carrying out and managing events, monitors schedules and budgets. He/she supports the division in coordinating CCA’s communications initiatives as well as outreach activities to engage local audiences, and ensures that events reflect the CCA’s vision and character.
• Advises Communications division management, and other division management as required, on appropriate strategies for organizing CCA events in a manner consistent with the institution’s image
• Runs project management for events, ensures follow-up, and prepares status and deadline reports for Communications and other division management
• Organizes and leads event meetings and manages deadlines and budgets
• Assists in establishing partnerships and sponsorships for CCA events
• Participates in developing and implementing public relation and social media strategies to engage different local audiences
• Participates in selecting event designers and guides them in developing event themes and concepts
• Attends events as a contact person in order to ensure that they comply with the agreement between the CCA and the user
• Seeks out vendors, obtains quotes, negotiates prices, and finalizes agreements
• Manages permission requests, accounting, and agreements with rental clients, service partners, and external collaborators
• Supervises volunteers and staff assigned to various events
• Supervises event documentation (statistics, photo, and/or video documentation)
• Oversees maintaining and updating the contact database related to events in CCA’s Customer Relations Management System
Management of partner and third-party events held in CCA spaces
• Contributes to the development and the implementation of the CCA’s strategy for events
• Coordinates events related to partnerships or other collaboration agreements
• Responds to information requests from clients, donors and sponsors interested in using the CCA’s spaces, and prepares any resulting rental agreements
• Advises users on event organization
• Attends events as a contact person in order to ensure a smooth running and that they comply with the agreement between the CCA and the user
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 to 5 years
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with all types of collaborators
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology
• Excellent deadline and budget management and coordination skills
• Experience in managing major events
• Experience in managing events in the cultural field an asset
• Knowledge of VIP protocols and working with special guests
Please submit your application (CV and letter of application) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7 January 2019 to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 Baile Street, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call. The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.