Digital Engagement Manager
The Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) is an international research centre and museum founded on the conviction that architecture is a public concern. Responsive to the changing cultural context of our time and based on its extensive collection, exhibitions, programs, and research activities, the CCA is a leading voice in advancing knowledge, promoting public understanding, and provoking new ideas and debate on architecture, its history, theory, practice and role in society today.
The CCA’s projects are both international and local in scope comprising interdisciplinary research, exhibitions, paper and online publications, seminars, colloquia and special events, which enable the development of new lines of investigation and discourse, promote the study of architectural and urban culture and stimulate active engagement surrounding contemporary issues and debate across a wider public. Linking advanced research with public engagement in architecture, the CCA encourages architects, students, scholars, and other professionals to pursue projects through collaborative inquiry that traverses different times, spaces, and media.
Digital engagement suggests new perspectives to develop insight about the ever-changing behaviors and preferences for digital interactions, and to use digital tools and techniques to participate in online dialogue. Through an innovative approach to broadcast and conversation, digital engagement is one of the tools used to reach a global niche interested in architectural discourse at large.
The responsibilities of this job include the development, implementation, and management of the CCA’s digital engagement initiatives, strategically aligned with all forms of online traffic-driving activity. The incumbent will work closely with the Curatorial team to implement tactical plans and data-led online campaigns, to convey curatorial thinking and ideas, grow the CCA’s audiences, and increase engagement, loyalty, attendance and awareness. She/he will be expected to be an influential voice for best practices in digital engagement and social media with the innate ability to inspire, build momentum and get things done collaboratively, across divisions.
Key responsibility areas
Digital engagement management
• Acts as the CCA’s social media lead and community manager; manages content posting and strategic community interactions across all social media platforms; quickly identifies trends, and engagement opportunities to grow the brand
• Plans and updates the CCA’s digital engagement calendar, which covers all social media activities, in close collaboration with the Associate Director, Digital, as well as with Publications and Programs associate directors
• Uses a variety of storytelling tactics to tell critical and carefully crafted stories which prompt creative inquiry, spark new dialogue and amplify editorial content
• Across all platforms and channels, develops a consistent and radical visual identity, uses the CCA’s tone in a coherent and articulated way, and helps create new opportunities for research and conversation
• Working with the Management team, supports crisis response and related initiatives; develops social media response strategy and executes accordingly, and creates and maintains all social media crisis plans and protocols
• In collaboration with the CCA’s copyright officer, ensures that content and delivery is within the CCA’s rights management guidelines
Digital engagement strategy
• Develops intimate knowledge of the CCA’s target audiences, including industry influencers, tone and positioning, as well as current lines of investigation, in order to contribute to the creation of a strong social media presence, both for curatorial and institutional projects
• Develops, implements and updates the digital engagement strategy for digital campaigns and social media activities
• Contributes to a portfolio of data analytics services and internal dashboards, to track and monitor social media activities, and leverages insight from analytics to drive engagement
Amplification and promotion
• Works with the Curatorial team and other stakeholders to develop project-based social media plans, in alignment with the CCA’s overarching digital engagement strategy and institutional priorities, and to create synergies with other key projects
• In conjunction with the Digital Product Manager and other internal stakeholders, develops and implements campaigns to grow the CCA’s online audiences across all channels
• Builds strategic partnerships with institutions, platforms and other third-party organizations within the CCA’s network to seize engagement opportunities and increase overall influence
• Helps develop and update contractual and administrative documents for digital campaigns and social media activities, in conjunction with the Associate Director, Digital and the Administrative Coordinator, Digital
• Working with the Administrative Coordinator, Digital, produces and maintains a series of tools and documentation related to digital engagement activities, including agreement and budget templates, guidelines and policies, workflows, and reports
• Education: University degree in communications, public relations, journalism or with a background in architecture or equivalent work experience
• Number of years of relevant work experience: 3 to 5 years of experience in social media management, in ad traffic networks and digital marketing campaigns management with a proven track record of success —ideal experience includes working for a cultural institution with an international outreach and/or in architecture
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English, with experience in writing and editing copy for social media
• Knowledge of the museum and academic environments, particularly in the architectural, art and journalistic sectors
• Significant experience of managing social media channels and activities, with understanding editorial and technical considerations
• Google Analytics certifications an asset
• Excellent communication, time management, diplomacy, problem-solving and organizational awareness skills
• Very good knowledge of MS Office and project management tools
• Thoroughness and attention to detail
• Proven capacity to work collaboratively
• Flexibility to work in a multicultural international environment
• Schedule flexibility
• Knowledge of other languages, an asset
Please submit your application (resume and cover letter, in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of Human Resources of Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 2 August 2020. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity. The CCA invites anyone having the qualifications listed in the job posting to apply.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.