Designer, Exhibitions and Building
The responsibilities of this job include implementing and developing design and working closely with the curators, designers, architects and other creative developers that collaborate with the CCA. The incumbent manages the design of all on-site and touring CCA exhibition projects, including public programs and all other special events at the building and gardens of the CCA, in keeping with the mission and curatorial vision of the institution.
Exhibition design and installation
• Plans and develops the architectural and graphic design of CCA exhibitions on site and for touring, in keeping with the mission and curatorial vision of the institution
• Works closely with the Chief Curator and the Curator, Contemporary Architecture on exhibition design direction and collaborates on the planning and implementation of exhibitions with the Production Manager, Exhibitions and Curatorial Coordinators
• Researches and proposes external designers and architects for collaboration
• Works in close collaboration with contractual designers, curators and architects on design documents, and advises on CCA standards and norms during the preparation of exhibitions
• Follows up on contracts and agreements that are specific to exhibitions design
• Plans design schedule in collaboration with Production Manager, Exhibitions and keeps Programs and Collection staff informed of specific deadlines
• Drafts the conceptual exhibition design to the specified scale, including curatorial sequence and scale drawings, in collaboration with the Curator, external designers/architects and the Production Manager, Exhibitions
• Prepares a complete documentation of each exhibition and a final production report
• Develops, updates, and enforces management and exhibition production standards and a list of graphic and installation procedures in collaboration with the Production Manager, Exhibitions
Management of Institutional design projects
• Works with Curator, Contemporary Architecture to define a CCA approach to design in line with curatorial direction
• Collaborates on institutional projects that support the CCA’s mission, including public and educational programs, special events, and all other events at the building and gardens of the CCA
• Collaborates with External Affairs/Development, and Building for events and other institutional projects
• Consults with Building Services and the Protection and Prevention Service to ensure the physical safety of the site and the objects during exhibitions
• Verifies and ensures the compliance of the design with CCA standards and regulations
• Works with Building Services and IT on the design of some of CCA premises
• Assures consistency of design approach across all projects of the CCA in line with the curatorial direction of the institution
• Education: Master’s degree in architecture, design or equivalent
• Number of years of relevant work experience: minimum of 2 years
• Experience in an architectural office and with exhibition projects and museums, an asset
• Excellent knowledge of spoken and written French and English; ability to write and revise documents
• Planning and deadline management skills
• Advanced knowledge of project management methodology
• Advanced knowledge of one or more of the following programs on PC or Mac: 2-D and 3-D software, Vector Works, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign or equivalent
• Flexible schedule
Please submit your application (resume, cover letter, and portfolio (maximum size of attachments: 5MB) in English or French) by email to email@example.com to the attention of Human Resources, Canadian Centre for Architecture, 1920 rue Baile, Montreal (Quebec) H3H 2S6. The application deadline is 31 October 2019. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Please do not call.
The CCA is an equal opportunity employer.
For all CCA existing job opportunities, visit our website.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.