- Giovanni Pasanella (creator)
- Giovanni Pasanella (architect)
- Pasanella + Klein (architectural firm)
- Pasanella + Klein Stolzman + Berg (architectural firm)
- Pasanella + Klein Stolzman + Berg (archive creator)
Seagram Building interior design and renovation, 375 Park Avenue, New York, N.Y. (1973-2001)
Level of archival description:
Extent and medium:
- 877 drawings (including reproductions), 0.31 linear metres of textual records, 7 digital files (284 KB).
Scope and content:
Project series AP154.S1.1973.PR01, the Seagram Building interior design and renovation project series (1973) documents several renovation projects for the Seagram Building, 375 Park Avenue, New York, N.Y. The series is arranged in two subseries. The first subseries consists drawings for interior design projects undertaken by Giovanni Pasanella in the 1970s for Joseph E. Seagram and Sons (JES). In 1980, the Seagram Building was sold to the Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA). Attached to the deed of sale was a lease agreement between the landlord TIAA and the tenant JES. The tenant's exclusive rights, which included rights related to modifications to the building, were outlined in Article 26 of the lease agreement. A substantial part of the second subseries is related to projects undertaken since 1980, including projects that have been identified by Tom Stetz as being related to Article 26. The second subseries also includes copies of original working drawings for the Seagram Building, which, under the terms of Article 26, were the standard against which changes to the building would be measured.
The Seagram interior design and renovation project is arranged in 2 subseries: AP154.S1.1973.PR01.SS1 Gift of Giovanni Pasanella (1983, 2000), and AP154.S1.1973.PR01.SS2. Addition from Pasanella + Klein Stolzman + Berg (2007).
- Subseries AP154.S1.1973.PR01.SS1: Donation of Giovanni Pasanella in 1983. Subseries AP154.S1.1973.PR01.SS2: donation of Pasanella + Klein Stolzman + Berg in 2007.
New York (City)