- John Cresswell Parkin (archive creator)
- John B. Parkin Associates (architectural firm)
- John Cresswell Parkin (architect)
- Gordon S. Adamson and Associates (architectural firm)
- Shore & Moffat and Partners (architectural firm)
York University, Lecture Hall No. 1, North York, Ontario (1964-1965)
Level of archival description:
Extent and medium:
- 35 drawings (all reprographic copies)
Scope and content:
This project series documents a lecture hall building at York University in North York, Ontario from 1964-1965. The office identified the project number as 6413.
This project, known as Lecture Hall No. 1, consisted of a two-storey building at York University, to be used for teaching. The basement included mechanical and electrical rooms, while the ground floor was made up of large, two-storey lecture halls, smaller classrooms, and projection rooms. This project was built by John B. Parkin Associates, in a joint venture with Gordon S. Adamson Associates and Shore & Moffat and Partners. These three architecture firms formed a joint venture known as UPACE (University Planners Architects And Consulting Engineer). This project was part of a larger master plan by UPACE, which built more than a dozen buildings for the university during this time. UPACE received a Special Mention Massey Medal in 1967 for the design of this project.
The project is recorded through reprographic copies of drawings dating from 1965. These were a set of drawings issued for tender.
Materials in this project series have been kept in their original order.
Conditions governing reproduction:
- Jennifer A.C. Parkin holds copyright. Permission must be sought from the copyright holder before reproductions can be made.
Related units of description:
- Records for related projects are also included in this fonds, see:
AP018.S1.1964.PR03, York University Natural Sciences Building (Biology), North York, Ontario;
AP018.S1.1966.PR04, York University, Central Plaza Building, York, Ontario;
AP018.S1.1968.PR05, York University, Second College Complex, College E Academic and Dining Building, York, Ontario.
Additional materials for this project are held at the University of Calgary in the John B. Parkin/NORR fonds.