OCEAN North reference files
Series consists of reference documentation in the form of portfolios of selected materials from various OCEAN North projects. It is likely that Kivi Sotamaa did not contribute to all of the included projects.
For the most part, records are images of work done with CAD software: preliminary drawings; fully developed plans and renderings of buildings; landscapes; and installations. Images also include digitized photographs of models and installations.
Content from AP198.S2.001 – OCEAN North Portfolio 1999 consists primarily of this type of visual material and is organized per project. Additionally, a few textual records describe some of the projects. There are two versions of a general presentation document in Pagemaker.
Content from AP198.S2.002 – OCEAN North Press CD 2000 is organized into three sections: “about'OCEANnorth”, “OCEANnorth_Essays”, and “OCEANnorth_Projects”. This last directory is further organized by year and by project, each project having a text and an image sub-directory. Overall, there are 48 textual records describing the network, its vision and its projects, alongside more than 200 raster images. The Jyväskylä Music and Arts Centre competition entry was not included in this project selection.
The following projects are documented in this series:
- Töölö Football Stadium, an international architectural competition entry. See also Series 1 for more records on this project.
- Jyväskylä Music and Arts Centre, an international architectural competition entry. See also Series 1 for more records on this project.
- Extraterrains, a furniture design project.
- Finnish Embassy in Canberra, an international architectural competition entry.
- Habitare Pavilion (1996 and 1997), exhibitions installations.
- Chamberworks, an architectural installation for an exhibition.
- a-drift NYT Time Capsule, a competition entry for a time capsule for the New York Times.
- Synthetic Landscape Pavilion and Phases 1, 2 and 3, a landscape design.
- Sandefjord Hotel, preliminary design.
- Landscraper, design study for an exhibition.
- IntenCities, multidisciplinary installation project.
- Barbican’s Valo exhibition design.
- Constantini (sic) Museum, a building design for a competition.
- Kyoto, a study of urban design.
- Jeil’s Hospital, a building design.
- Urban Surfaces exhibition.
Ateljié Sotamaa. “Portfolio.” Accessed February 2018, http://portfolio.sotamaa.net/
FRAC, “Catalog, OCEAN.” Accessed February 2018, http://www.archilab.org/public/2000/catalog/ocean/oceanen.htm
OCEAN CN Consultancy Network, “Projects.” Accessed February 2018, http://ocean-cn.org/projects/
Materials were arranged by the creator and have been kept in its original order.
Sign up to get news from us
Thank you for signing up. You'll begin to receive emails from us shortly.
We’re not able to update your preferences at the moment. Please try again later.
You’ve already subscribed with this email address. If you’d like to subscribe with another, please try again.
This email was permanently deleted from our database. If you’d like to resubscribe with this email, please contact us
Please complete the form below to buy:
[Title of the book, authors]
ISBN: [ISBN of the book]
Price [Price of book]
Thank you for placing an order. We will contact you shortly.
We’re not able to process your request at the moment. Please try again later.