Personnes et institutions:
- Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe (creator)
- Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe (archive creator)
Collection Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe
Niveau de description archivistique:
- 9 photographs
0.13 l.m. of textual records
Présentation du contenu:
The Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe collection consists of 2 drawings, 9 photographs and 0.3 metres (one foot) of textual documents that range in date from 1946 to 1996.
Numéro de référence:
Mode de classement:
The fonds is arranged into four parts : Series 1 - Civic and Cultural Publications; Series 2 - Publications about Wood; Series 3 - Architectural Drawings; and Series 4 - Photographs. In each section, the documents have been placed in chronological order.
Rhiwbina, Glamorgan, Wales, 1946 -
Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe studied at the Courtauld Institute of Art, University of London, from 1965-1968, graduating with a B.A. Honours in the History of European Art. From 1968 he entered the Ph. D program at the University of London, and completed his thesis, The Life and Architecture of William Wilkins, in 1972. Windsor-Liscombe came to Canada in 1974 to work as an assistant professor at McGill University, Montreal. In 1976, he accepted a similar position in the Fine Arts department of the University of British Columbia, Vancouver. Apart from numerous publications on architect William Wilkins, he has written books on Neo-classicism, the architects Francis Rattenbury, and Robert Mills, and on the architecture of the University of British Columbia.
- The Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe collection was donated to the Canadian Centre for Architecture (CCA) by Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe. It was acquired for the exhibition "The New Spirit: Modern Architecture in Vancouver, 1938-1963". The exhibition was organized by the CCA and presented at the CCA in 1997, the Vancouver Art Gallery in 1997-1998, and the Nickle Arts Museum, Calgary, in 1998.
Notes de l’archiviste:
- The Rhodri Windsor-Liscombe collection was originally processed and described by David Rose, in 1998, and updated by Francis Blancahrd, in 1999. In 2008, the original finding aid was modified by Alexis Lenk, in order to conform to updated documentation procedures.