Personnes et institutions:
- Peter Yeadon (archive creator)
- Peter Yeadon (architect)
Documents d’archives de Peter Yeadon pour le Prix de Rome
Niveau de description archivistique:
- 20 drawings
0.02 l.m. of textual documentation
Présentation du contenu:
The project records consist of sketchbooks, drawings, and project documentation created by architect Peter Yeadon for the Prix de Rome in Architecture, which he received in 1999. The designs were inspired by his trip to Rome and depict the life of a fictional character, Karl, who immigrates to Rome from Canada. While in Rome, this character records, designs, and builds new Roman monuments. The complete works were entitled “Karl: An Architectural Narrative."
Numéro de référence:
Mode de classement:
Material in this fonds has been arrange into one series:
S1. Karel: An Architectural Narrative.
Peter Yeadon was born in 1965 in Truro, Nova Scotia. He studied engineering (1987) at Dalhousie University, as well as environmental design (BA, 1987), architecture (MA, 1989) and completed post-graduate research (1991-1992) at the Technical University of Nova Scotia.
Prior to being awarded the Prix de Rome in 1999, Peter Yeadon received two Canada Council Arts Grants 'B' for investigative studies in the discipline of architecture (1990 and 1992). He has been honoured with awards from the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (Medal of Excellence, 1989), the Boston Society of Architects (1995), the Canadian Architect Magazine (Award of Excellence, 1995), and the Ontario Association of Architects (Honourable Mention, 1999). Yeadon also received two Canada Council travel grants (2000 and 2001). Since 2003, Yeadon has collaborated with Martina Decker as Decker Yeadon in New York City, New York.
- Access by appointment only.
Conditions de réproduction:
- For copyright information or permission to reproduce material from the fonds, please contact the CCA(firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Gift of Peter Yeadon in 2001
Historique de la conservation:
- Materials were kept in the home of Peter Yeadon until their transfer to the CCA.
Notes de l’archiviste:
- The Peter Yeadon fonds was processed and described by Martin Lessard in 2001 and revised by Adria Seccareccia in 2017. An addition of four sketchbooks were described by Jennifer Préfontaine in 2018.
Mention de crédit:
When citing the collection as a whole, use the citation:
Peter Yeadon Prix de Rome project records,
Collection Centre Canadien d’Architecture/
Canadian Centre for Architecture, Montréal.
When citing specific collection material, please refer to the object’s specific credit line
Langue et écriture des documents:
- The documents of Peter Yeadon's original submission to the Canada Council for the Prix de Rome are available from the CCA Library (NA44.Y37.A35 1999). Entitled "Prix de Rome folio of selected works", the documents consist of a custom-made box containing materials in support of the candidature of Peter Yeadon, and include a presentation portfolio and 4 publications (3 periodicals and 1 book), each of which has an article or chapter on the architect's work.