Personnes et institutions:
- Fabrique de Notre Dame (creator)
- Fabrique de Notre Dame (archive creator)
Fonds de la Fabrique de la Paroisse de Notre-Dame de Montréal
Niveau de description archivistique:
- 367 drawings
78 reprographic copies
3 textual records
Présentation du contenu:
Fonds documents the architectural and technical drawings from the Fabrique de Notre-Dame de Montréal relating primarily to the initial construction and subsequent additions and renovations of Notre-Dame de Montréal. The majority of the drawings were executed by the architect of Notre-Dame, James O'Donnell, although also represented are Alfred Préfontaine, Bourgeau et Leprohon, François-Xavier Berlinguet, Napoléon Bourassa, Patrick Charles Keely, Henri Bouriché, Ozias Leduc, Eugène Saint-Jean, Pellisier & McCrudden, Paul M. Lemieux, Perrault et Mesnard, Théophile Fahrland, Bouthillette Parizeau et associés, Gascon Vigneault Dumais & Associés, and unknown architects.
Additionally, the fonds includes drawings relating to St. Patrick's Church, four cemeteries, the Orphelinat Catholique, and a residence at 1098 Rue St-Denis, all in Montréal, Québec, by Perrault, Saint-Jean, Bourgeau et Leprohon and Pierre-Louis Morin.
Material in the fonds was produced between 1823 and 1981. Fonds contains 5 series: Notre-Dame de Montréal; St. Patrick's Church; Cemeteries; Orphelinat Catholique; Propriete 1098 Rue St-Denis.
Numéro de référence:
Historique de la conservation:
- The documents were conserved by the churchwardens of the Fabrique, in the church, until they were deposited at the CCA in 1996.
Notes de l’archiviste:
- Following the deposit of the documents at the CCA in 1996, 367 of drawings were catalogued at the item level by Julia Bourianova. In 2008, the drawings were organized by subject (Notre-Dame de Montréal; St. Patrick's Church; Cemeteries; Orphelinat Catholique; Propriete 1098 Rue St-Denis) by Alexis Lenk, creating the classification scheme available in this finding aid. It was at this time that the rest of the objects in the fonds were catalogued.
Mention de crédit:
Fonds de la Fabrique Notre-Dame de Montréal, en dépôt au CCA/
Fonds de la Fabrique Notre-Dame de Montréal, on deposit at the CCA
- Unless otherwise noted, the titles of series, sub-series, files and sub-files come from the archivist.
AP099.S1, Notre-Dame de Montréal, -24 Nov. 1981
AP099.S2, St. Patrick's Church, 8 Sept. 1857-1 Oct. 1859
AP099.S3, Cemeteries, 1842-1943
AP099.S4, Orphelinat Catholique, [betwen 1869 and 1888]
AP099.S5, Propriete 1098 Rue St-Denis, Jul. 1932